Now THIS is a model kit!

Nice one! Is that the fx version? I've got a whole suit myself weathered for a sandtrooper version. It's all packed away in a box though, I was hoping when I move it can be posed on a mannequin ;D

merseajohn said:
Nice one! Is that the fx version? I've got a whole suit myself weathered for a sandtrooper version. It's all packed away in a box though, I was hoping when I move it can be posed on a mannequin ;D

Are you are member of the 501st??

No all though I like the idea of the 501st it's great that they raise so much money for charity and in such a fun way to.

That would have been the last kit I ever brought in my House...... then the Divorce !

I only wish I could Play for Real ! LOL

Looks like a nice kit ! Let us know when you start putting it together.... or at least share the link at where it is happening@

see ya ! Lucky you !

Yeah, for *cough* $600 *cough* Australian $, I'm very lucky the wife let me get away with it.
But then she said, 'at least pi$$ing it up against the wall'

That last post was supposed to say...

"at least you're not pi$$ing it up against the wall"

anyway....

A bit of cutting and trimming, a couple of pop rivets..

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

Its amazing how fast things can go when your really eager to see the result

IMG_4136.jpg
IMG_4137.jpg

Humbrol paints were used for this, as they were what Mr Lucas's props department used back in 1975 (ish)
The rest is just stickers that come in the kit

Unfortunately this build is going to stall right here for a while.
I need a person who is experienced in this build to give me a hand in building this kit so I can have it made to fit me.

I am soooooooo jealous, :eek:

i would love one of these, but i want the Camo Trooper from Revenge of the Sith,

Gag

[attachment deleted by admin]

Report in to your local 501st for indoctrination Gag...

I'm going to a troop at the Perth nerdfest 2012.. AKA Supanova 2012

Sweet looking outfit. One of my chums works in film and TV and was lucky enough to buy one of these from the original production sculpter/costumier back in the eighties. He wore it a few times and then stored it for decades. He mentioned it to one of his friends and they really wanted to buy it from him, eventually he yielded and sold it to him and that weekend the chap took it home as happy as Harry "Happy" McGee, champion of the happy olympics. His girlfriend was not impressed, especially at the price and before the weekend was out she left him.

Latest posts

Back