Newly released Reliant issues

J

Just Mike

It's nice kit overall. Just kind of took issue with the $40+ pricetag especially considering it's the same kit as before with minimal retooling. One might be better off ordering the parts they've retooled for the Reliant kit you've paid $10 on ebay for.

And I don't know how color blind or lazy some people are who work on the instructions but...

DEB.jpg

That was a problem I had back in the past, the color calls didn't match what I saw on the screen.....

AMT's people were color-blind. They had to be. Of course, their kits had other flaws as well.

As to the price thing, the $40 tag is actually in line with similar sized kits today

There's a also the issue of studio lights and filters and colors looking way different on screen than they do in real life. The Vulcan Shuttle is a perfect example. Until I saw the actually studio model there was no way anyone could convince me it was mauve.

Also in those pictures those models had been rebuilt for use in 2 other movies and countless episodes of the Next Generation. By this point the models were 15 years old at minimum. The original Reliant model was made about the same time the Empire Strikes back came out. Alot of dirt, dust, oils from handling and other factors can really diminish a paints color over time. From the first shot the bluegrey area looks much brighter than it does in the second shot where its dressed as the saratoga from the first episode of DS-9. the question is do you want to replicate the filming model as seen on screen or seen on a stand in some picture. There were also 2 models made for ST2 one was the partial pyro model with all the damage inflicted to it. Its difficult to tell what odel AMT used for reference at the time.

I to agree that it would have been better had they retooled a new reliant in 1/1000 to go with the Refit enterprise they have instead of fixing this beast of a kit. You also have to still order the aztec decals seperate for the reliant rerelease.

Latest posts

Back