Netherland modelers, help with pledge (future) please

E

Elastirion

Hi Guys!

In a such global scale model forum there are surely some guys from the Netherlands, right? ;D You could help me with a little problem I have. To explain: I am not from the Netherlands myself, but from Germany, but I live fairly close to the border (Ruhr Area), so regularly follow the herd to make "supply runs" across. On one of such occasions I noticed both Pledge and Glassex in the local Alber Heijn. But there where two variants of the Pledge, one for wooden floors, Parket Plus, and one for other floors, Vloers plus. which is the right one? I looked on Swannies all-about-future site, but there where pictures of both. Are they the same, but why the different names then? There is no real Pledge in Germany, only substitutes that are of no real use. I tried to google it, but since my Dutch is non-existent I didn't get very far ;)
I would really appreciate your help.

Dank je wel en to ziens,
Sarah.

Servus, Sarah!

I'm forwarding you a link to an article about Future and its various brands, an article written by Matt "Swanny" Swann and posted at his website here:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

The article notes that in the Netherlands, there's "Pronto Wax" for wooden floors, and "Parket Plus", and Swanny also notes that what was "Klir" is now sold as "Sols Plus" and "Vloers Plus", but that they are the same formula. I suspect that in any case, either one will have the same effect, in our applications.

Hoffentlich hilft das, Gruss aus Bethlehem!
Brad

Thanks for the quick reply. I think, next time I am there I'll just grab one and see. If there both on Swannie's site they'll probably both work. I heard, the real stuff is not allowed to be sold here due to some of the ingredients, ammonia or so. But the Netherlands are always a little less strickt and you can get some stuff, that is not sold in Germany. For the longest time you couldn't get Tamiya cement or the Microscale stuff here, hopp across the border in the next hobby store (which has recently closed :'( ) and there it was.

Thanks again, Sarah

Latest posts

Back