Nemesis Scorpion in-box review

One of the few I don't have in my stash.
It can look decent, but the figures definitely need paintwork

What I was alluding to in the video that I never actually said aloud after much stammering is that I was going to scan them and print them out on decal paper.

Just Mike: I did catch that, but I had a couple of bad experiences with stickers on kits, so they are a bit turn off to me. I also have quite a few kits in my stash, so many that at my current build rate, I will finish them all off in about 75 years. (I know too many but I just love having a variety of choices for my next build!!) I have stayed away from Gundam kits for the same reason, I don't like stickers on kits.

Hence my comment, it has nothing to do with your review, or your ideas on the kit. You did a good job on that video and you should post more!! (Especially that Martian War Machine you are working on!) It is just my own personal prejudiced coming through.

G'Day Mike,

Good review and best of luck building this kit.

I had some fit problems with the engine scoops (gold looking thing behind the cockpit) joining with the fuselage.
There is a nasty gap between the clear cockpit transparency, cockpit frame and the fuselage.
Other gap concerns in anything that appears to connect to the fuselage.

I think the figures are a let down - left them out in my build.

I agree with you, a gun metal paint scheme is much better than all black. I used Gunze Acrylic H28 (i think) for the body. Humbrol 53 Gun Metal for the weapons and gold or brass for the engine scoops.
Cockpit does look better with Data and Picard missing.

Thanks

cheers
Mark

thanks everyone for the comments!

There's so much that I didn't mention in the video like exactly how to black plastic reacts and to what. It reacts to the glue, obviously and it melts a little quicker and more completely than does other styrene.

Also, a lot of kitbashing potential with this kit. None that I can readily see but I've seen others do Bat-related vehicles, some kind of Warhammer-esque hover tank, I've even seen someone put a big "3" decal on the sides of it.

Latest posts

Back