Need Help with finding some styrene tubing size. SOS

Constantine

Hello,

I scratch building my own type of Millennium Falcon and I was looking for some styrene tube or tubing that was about 1.75 inches in width (44.44 mm), but I really don't want the wall diameter to be more than 1.5 to maybe 4 mm thick.

At Plastruct they have BUTYRATE tubing in the outside diameter of 1.75 inches but its wall diameter is too thick for want I want at 44.4mm

Evergreen as far I have seen doesn't have anything near that size on their site unless I am missing something.

I did a google search but I haven't found anything. If anyone knows of a site where I could find want I need or close to it could you please let me know. I live in the USA so the UK is definitely out of the question.

Thanks

That is a big tube! So what did you end up getting? Please post in case someone else may have the same question. :)

Daf57 said:
That is a big tube! So what did you end up getting? Please post in case someone else may have the same question. :)

Basically I am probably going to go with a BUTYRATE tubing 1.75 inches (44.5mm) in OD with a wall thickness of 2.5mm.

I had originally used a section from a Saturn V rocket model ( I believe that was it anyways I threw the box away along time ago), for the cockpit tube section on my Millennium Falcon variant build. I liked it because the wall thickness was 1.5 mm roughly, so it had that lighter look like that of the Ralph McQuarrie prototype.

I liked it, but I cut it too short, plus I have refined my technique with building it, so I wanted to try again. So either I get a new model of the Saturn V or just go with the Butyrate and live with the thicker wall.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back