My world is shrinking

Pantherman

I suppose I'm not the only one who has been informed that they are taking over the household with "your modeling junk ". It has got me thinking just how much can you get into a small space. I made a little cabinet one lunchtime and a couple of shelves. Got a few more ideas i will post as they get done but here is the setup now. Love to hear about your modeling areas, maybe a few photos for inspiration please.
Irishvic

Attachments

• 20220813_152816.jpg
    20220813_152816.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 26
I've been afforded a ~8' x 12' room. For everything, lol.
My work area is comparable to your set up here, I had a picture last time I cleaned it... it's due again, lol.
The biggest difference is where you have wall I have window. Great for light... also great for not having storage... and for knocking everything on your desk over when you open the blinds...

I haven't gotten the room fully squared away from when I ripped all of my home office/remote work stuff out to set up in the basement.
As an aside... I really like what appears to be a switch on your outlet plate where you've got your AC to USB adapter plugged in, lol.
And your set up has reminded me that I need some sort of more permanent AB holder.
I can circle back once I've done a little cleaning.

I've been afforded a ~8' x 12' room. For everything, lol.
My work area is comparable to your set up here, I had a picture last time I cleaned it... it's due again, lol.
The biggest difference is where you have wall I have window. Great for light... also great for not having storage... and for knocking everything on your desk over when you open the blinds...

I haven't gotten the room fully squared away from when I ripped all of my home office/remote work stuff out to set up in the basement.
As an aside... I really like what appears to be a switch on your outlet plate where you've got your AC to USB adapter plugged in, lol.
And your set up has reminded me that I need some sort of more permanent AB holder.
I can circle back once I've done a little cleaning.
I have the extractor and light strip plugged into 2 slots, will probably get another light strip for the 3rd slot.
Irishvic

I do have to acknowledge how lucky I am to be able to use a whole spare room, even if I do have to use it for every hobby/flight of fancy I have, lol.
IMG20220813150347.jpgIMG20220813150531.jpg
The second picture includes the shelf of doom (taking up part of a cubby and part of a shelf) along with my back log overflow... on the same shelves/cubbies...
Organization can be hard for me, lol.

I do have to acknowledge how lucky I am to be able to use a whole spare room, even if I do have to use it for every hobby/flight of fancy I have, lol.
View attachment 92807View attachment 92806
The second picture includes the shelf of doom (taking up part of a cubby and part of a shelf) along with my back log overflow... on the same shelves/cubbies...
Organization can be hard for me, lol.
That is some sweet set up. So much space and light. I'm loving the display case, very cool. Maybe if the rest of my family move out and I get the place to myself I have great plans........ well, we can all dream.
Irishvic

Land and buildings are cheap where I live, so long as you can manage the taxes :/
The display case is just an Ikea piece!
Detolf
The only thing I can complain about is running out of desk space during a project, but it looks like you probably have a similar issue there.
Maybe someday I'll build a flat top workbench to replace that second hand writing desk.

I made a small shelf unit from scrap wood from a site I'm running. Photos attached.
Irishvic

Attachments

• 20220818_133241.jpg
    20220818_133241.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220818_134014.jpg
    20220818_134014.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220818_134138.jpg
    20220818_134138.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 12
Ha ha , I never even reinstalled the base ( skirting ) in my office ,where the bench is , after I replaced the carpet with the laminate floor.
Been almost a decade .

Yes it does .
I was on the phone with one of my best friends the other day and I brought up the fact that what we were talking about happened like 28 years ago --- he responded with " good lord , I don't want to hear that ! That can't be true ."
LOL , he's about 6 years younger than me too .

Hell , my mom was talking about listening to FDR on the radio , addressing the nation after the bombing of Pearl Harbor .
I think the conversation got to that when we were discussing how social media is a plague . I said the tech should have stopped with pagers and payphones ;)

Yes it does .
I was on the phone with one of my best friends the other day and I brought up the fact that what we were talking about happened like 28 years ago --- he responded with " good lord , I don't want to hear that ! That can't be true ."
LOL , he's about 6 years younger than me too .

Hell , my mom was talking about listening to FDR on the radio , addressing the nation after the bombing of Pearl Harbor .
I think the conversation got to that when we were discussing how social media is a plague . I said the tech should have stopped with pagers and payphones ;)
Tech is the love and bain of my life. Love all this help and comradeship but hate that you are expected to be available 24/7 to sort work issues out. My daughter, who is a teacher, had to explain to a 6 year old that not all tv's are voice activated. She actually had to show her how to use a remote!! Wow.
Irishvic

It's double edged for sure .
It's fantastic having all the info you could ever need at your fingertips , vs traveling to the library to look for books that might not even be there or ordering books and waiting for delivery .

It's double edged for sure .
It's fantastic having all the info you could ever need at your fingertips , vs traveling to the library to look for books that might not even be there or ordering books and waiting for delivery .
Yeah, but wasn't that all part of the fun.
Irishvic

Latest posts

Back