My well loved F bodies

Junior.K

I just wanted to try my hand at the rust and dirt side of the hobby. I must say I enjoyed it and plan on building some more cars with "character". The Camaro uses the Sophisticated finishes set and some rustall for good measure. I mis-matched the body panels and interior peices for interest. I also scratchbuilt a speaker box for the back seat out of sculpy and black flocking and swapped out the kit engine for a 454 from the Monogram 70 Chevelle. A bit of trash and shop rags were also thrown in for good measure.
IMG_4304.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg
For the Firebird , I used the salt technique for the paint. The kit is a snap kit so it is built as a curbside. I had to hog out the chassis pan to fit the drag slicks. The wheels and blower set-up are from the Monogram 65 GTO kit. I also scratchbuilt a simple rollbar for the interior, and added a tarp over the back end to cover up the lack of kit detail.
IMG_4642.jpg
IMG_4626.jpg

Sweet ..Some very nice work there fella !! :)

Chris.

I had a 78 firebird just like that once. I got it as a trade for a custom built gaming computer(at the time it was top tier , about $2800). Dude was going away to art to school.It had a blown 383 stoker with a turbo 400 auto trans. My was white with blue hand painted flames, that car was a montser. I loved the sound the fuel pump when i turned the ignition. I had it for two months before selling and buying a classic mercedes.

Latest posts

Back