My Neisen Studio Scale Tie Fighter

punkpigpen

This resin thing i just finished last week. It weighs almost 10 pounds with the metal armature.. Its huge too. added some fiber optics as well. It's the Nice'N SS Tie Fighter from Steve Neisen

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is SUPER COOL! Great job! Probably my favorite SW craft.

What's with the extra post on the base? ???

Oh thats just my painting building base for my heavier resin ships. the real base for it aint done yet

That's great! You obviously have some serious modeling skills at your disposal!
The T.I.E. fighters has always been my favorite space fighter design. The whole T.I.E. family
;D

thanks guys...i think i nailed the color finally. Its the Vallejo Pale Grey Blue BUT There are 2 kinds with the exact same name and label BUT different numbers. mine is the darker of the 2. There a Tie pilot in there but hes soo hard to see as he's flat black and gloss black. The cockpit is very detailed too.

Terrific looking ship! Masterful job.

Liking the accuracy of the colour. I'll take a note of that.

WoW Dude !! This is Off-Th-Chain !! Did you use the Vallejo Model Air Pale Blue Grey ? If not, did you use an Airbrush ?

Awesome Job on th Wash !! Th Optics take it up a notch too !! Can you get any pix of th Interior ?

Question - If this is THE color of th T.I.E. fighters .... ( I'm not doubting you ) Why are They White in Star Wars a New Hope ? Does that Mean that th Falcon should be Pale Blue Grey ? ALthough th Color of th Falcon didn't change. I did notice a change of color for th T.I.E. fighters in Empire & ROTJ .

Yes indeed !!! Beautiful !!

I used Vallejo Moedl color through an airbrush , yes.
I heard through some studio scale forums that they were actually painted like this in a new hope BUT the lighting changed all that. Like supposedly the X-Wings arent really white, theyre greying before weathering. but I'm not 100% certain. Ill post an interior shot for you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

punkpigpen said:
Like supposedly the X-Wings arent really white...

If you look carefully at some of the close up scenes in the Star Wars movies, they aren't IMO. I never really understood why we as modelers choose that color, even though I've done it myself.

I have paused and stared at the ROTJ clips (or is it ESB?) where Luke is standing next to the fuselage of his X-Wing on Dagobah a number of times trying to figure out the color and it's sort of a dingy, dirty silver/gray color, like bare aluminum or something. You can even see different panel shades but there not painted looking.

This photo is tiny but it's all I could find with a quick search. You can still see it appears to be a dingy silvery color with a sort of brass color to one of the small panel sections behind the cockpit.

pisode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-20100521030833117.jpg

This probably doesn't help the discussion because it's a "replica" but...

1104314673_photobucket_42736_.jpg

That's really cool. They should make this thing flight worthy.

It's interesting actually, the thing about light in space and other non-earth atmospheres would produce differences in colour. So I suppose the question we should ask ourselves as modelers of sci-fi kits is, do we go for screen accuracy from a particular scene, or do we paint our models to better duplicate those from the studio model?

It's just something to consider I suppose, but shouldn't get ourselves too hung up on. If we like the colour and it represents our own envisionment of the model or scene, then it's all gravy.

SHUTTER ACE ,

This is Awesome Reference ! Thanx for posting. I'm glad that you did !! It definitely Helps 100% !!

@ SMMM - Yes Indeed. I never thought about it from Luke's X-Wing for those shots ,, but particularly if you model it After the Dagobah crash .... Hmm All that slimy Green Streaking ... Hmmmm

Duly noted ! I didn't think about th lighting from Star Wars ANH being that significant, but I see your point !!

Latest posts

Back