My current Aircraft builds (WIP)

Yip ,that looks very good to me ;D , looking forward to the rest now !

Chris.

The mustang is looking great, and welcome by the way!. As far as your inst panel gos one suggestion is to paint it flat black, then put a litelite gray wash on it that will pull out the detail on the dials, and finnally, dry brush the panel with some silver. I think you will like the results. Just my 2 cents. and i use Promoddeler washes, they are the bomb. Good luck i will continue to watch your progress.
Happy Modeling
Tom

Hi guys!
So back with a small (really small update). Since I've been working on my Arachnarok Spider full speed, it being on a deadline and all, I had to put my other projects on the backburner for some time. With that spider finished and away I can go back to my planes now. Haven't done much on the Shuttle and transport, but got around to mask the cockpit on that mustang and prime it. I also tried myself on preshading. I made two little videos for you:

[SM] My current aircraft builds - Progress update 1, part1

[SM] My current aircraft builds - Progress update 1, part2

Still working on that videothing, but getting better... I think :-[

Put up some picures tonight after work... need to get to work now.

Happy modelling... Sarah.

Please take this with a grain of salt!

When I started making videos and all! I wanted Background music and the few times that I did! It was overpowering my Comments (voice)....

Depending on the editing software you are using, you should be able to lower the volume of the
Background music track a small amount and boost your Video (Camera) recording so we can hear you better!

Keep up the good work! By the way !

Norm.

Hello guys!
I know I haven´t been around for along time, but that is mostly because I have not really done any modelling for the longest time. The reasons were plenty and pretty boring for you so I spare you the details. Lately I´ve been back at the bench and I wanted to show you, what I have done. I mostly worked on my P - 51 D Mustang in 1/72th scale by Academy. I am close to be finished.

I made a little video: [SM] Academy P-51 D Mustang 1/72 - Progress Update

The model is completely painted, cleared and the decals are on, then cleared again. I made a new landing gear door, because I really could not find the other one (food to the carpet monster). I have to glue three little greeblies and make a panelline wash.

Question: Do I need to clear coat again after the wash to seal the whole thing???

The little thing is far from perfect or even good for that matter, but it is the first scale model I have completet in over 15 years. When I was younger I only glued the kits together and splotched some paint on. This is the first time I really used an airbrush on (apart from my spider which was very forgiving as models go).

I like, how the cockpit has turned out and I´m satisfied with the decals, because I was really afraid of the one for the nose design (yeah, repaired that too). What I really botched was the clear coat. May be it was the product, Vallejo Model Color Gloss, or rather my handling. I guess I sprayed to much and rushed it. You´re supposed to wait 4 hours between coats, more like 4 minutes and a hair dryer... :-[

I´m going to shoot some pictures of the finished model tomorow or the day after.

CYA, Sarah.

P.S.: Yeah, I´m still figuring that video business out, trying to find out what works best on a limited (very limited) budget. My webcam makes an odd and irritating noise, while trying to focus, my flipcam`s sound sucks. My cells videos are oddly the most decent, but its shakey cam there mostly. I definitely need to tone down the music quite a bit, especially considering that my accent sometimes makes understanding even worse ;D. Always open for constructive criticism there, Norm.

I think the Mustang looks great so far. Thank you for sharing your models in video, I don't think I would ever be brave enough to do it. I'm just trying to learn how to take better pictures and post them.

Hi guys!
So, the Mustang is finally finished. It is a great kit for the size. It is far from perfekt, but I am glad I actually finished a model *yeah*

I shot some Photos:

mustangcanon5s.jpg

By elastirion at 2012-09-05

mustangcanon9s.jpg

mustangcanon20s.jpg

mustangcanon15s.jpg

mustangcanon29s.jpg

I botched the clear coat and the canopy hasn´t turned out too well, but I think I learned many things in this build. The model is on the shelf now and on the bench is a new one.

A little video with some more pictures for you:

[SM] Mustang P-51 D - Final Showcase

Yes, I need to buy one of this little electric turntables, but that is for next month, because this month I kind of stretched my hubby budget already... bought a IWATA neo... ;D

@ Holden: Showing your model on the net is a struggle. I always try to become better. Video is simply the next step because you can show so much more.

Happy modelling, Sarah.

Well done, a nice solid build in 1/72. Not an easy scale to work in from what I here.

Nice work on the Mustang Sarah. Looking forward to your other aircraft builds.

Great finish on the Mustang!

Despite your claim that canopy didn't turn out the best, I think it looks good.

Hi guys!
Thank you for all the kind words. As I have said, I am really happy that I actually FINISHED something, but that you like it... cherry on top :D
I definitely need some other gloss varnish. Maybe rattlecan??? I´m already into my next project, a Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero by Airfix in 1/72. I wonder, if I should open a new thread or keep all my aircraft stuff in here?? I am a little frustrated (little??) with the Hornet and the Shuttle transport, so I haven´t worked on them lately but I really need to deshelf them.

Back to the bench then... Sarah.

Sarah -

Congrats on picking up an Iwata - I have two and my Revolution is my favorite airbrush (my badger comes a very close second).

I just use Future through my airbrush for my gloss coats. Have used the Tamiya rattle can clear with excellent results also. For flat coats I stick to the Vallejo 70.520 flat varnish (brush or AB). I haven't had good success with the Vallejo gloss as yet (I have not given up on it yet).

Any ways, good job on the P-51. Looking forward to the zero (I'd put it in a new thread).

Jason

Latest posts

Back