more leaked star wars photos....

Grendels

This time it was someone flying over a RAF base and thought that this was some sort of experimental aircraft:

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/10/star-wars-episode-vii-millennium-falcon-and-x-wing-revealed-in-a/

It used to be RAF Greenham common, then it became USAF 501st Tactical missile site.

Those are the old cruise missile silo's that the ships are infront of.

I grew up about 10 minutes walk from the air base, used to go to the airshows they had there in the late 70's, early 80's. Worked at a go karting place after the base was decommisioned and turned into an industrial estate.

The runway was torn up and most of the site was turned back into a public common.
The silo's are at the west end of the common, still fully spamed up with lot's of fences, it needed to be very secure at one time so security won't be a problem. I remember the "shoot to kill" warning signs on the fench, though. ???

Some great single track mountain bike runs through the woods to the south, and a great road to drive around the perimiter, usually where, as a kid, i would go for a blast, in me Mum's car, when i was 18 on a saturday night.

I could go on and on, lots of memories for me at that place. ;D

Thanks for posting G

Take care
Gag

You are very welcome my friend.

There is also a BBC Top Gear episode, where they review cars made during the communist era, that comes from the same silo site location, The Base, as we called it as kids.

Gag

Does the Falcon have a new Square antennae?

BxhgTqkCQAAyRkb.jpg

From the Haynes Millennium Falcon manual:

Antennae_zpsbff4cdb8.jpg

J

Some more......

Another shot of the antennae:

anthenna.jpg

and it looks like they're using the 32" ESB model as the basis of the Falcon design (going by the paint scheme & shape of the opening beside the 2 red stripes):

SpanishLeak1.jpg

Theres also a few new closer X Wing shots here also:

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/09/even-more-photos-and-video-from-the-episode-vii-set-at-greenham-common.html

J

Just noticed that one of the XWings looks a bit 2D:

SpanishLeak4.jpg

......on closer examination of the wide base shot shows the other side of the craft

Plywoodcutout_zps1a0276f6.jpg

Nice side shot of the falcon:

Wideshot_zpse20038d2.jpg

J

As to the dish thing, I'd like to remind everyone that the original dish was torn off during the Death Star run in Return of the Jedi.
Only makes sense that they'd get a new one.

All in all, I'm liking the detail they're working into this

Latest posts

Back