modified thread, check out my new website link in my signature!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
whats up guys, some weren't too sure about my last post, so i decided to change it, instead of taking a whole nother post up, i decided to recycle it, and i want you guys to check out my new website, if you could please re gesture, the link is in my signature, check it out!

Re: Your Beliefs...

Not sure what to say here, Ace.
I know that most of the boards I'm on try to avoid discussing two things;
Religion, and Politics

Those two subjects can start wars, literally

Not trying to rain on your parade, and it's definitely Scott's call.

I do believe in God, and that he sent Jesus for our sins.
Just not sure if this is the place to discuss it

I believe mankind should treat mankind with dignity and respect, and that mankind should treat his home with the same dignity and respect.

One thing. Do unto others.... The rest is just to control people.

And I'm speaking purely from a historical point of view.

Quaralane said:
Not sure what to say here, Ace.
I know that most of the boards I'm on try to avoid discussing two things;
Religion, and Politics

Those two subjects can start wars, literally

Not trying to rain on your parade, and it's definitely Scott's call.

I do believe in God, and that he sent Jesus for our sins.
Just not sure if this is the place to discuss it

yea thats what i was thinking, i knew it could... start some controversy, but i knew everyone here was patient and cool about things. just curious of what everyones belief is and stuff, not trying to be forceful, if you guys want to delete it it doesn't bother me.

Gundamhead said:
I believe mankind should treat mankind with dignity and respect, and that mankind should treat his home with the same dignity and respect.

i also believe the same thing, its nice to have a good home, so i try to treat it nicely.

KeiserSoze said:

i do believe its nice to treat people with respect as you would want to be treated. let me give a Exampe.

Here at MCTI i am in the Auto program, the Auto program is one of the hardest trades to get in and i know that form experience, staying here is almost just as hard. and for some reason a lot of the students that are in auto have a nasty attitude, even towards me since i am a newbie! i will say hi to one of them in the hall when i am out of class, and they will flat out ignore me or look at me like i am funny, they are much worse to the other trade students such as grounds maintenance and custodial. Auto has pritty much earned a not so good reputation when it comes to the attitude of the students, and how they treat others, some are literally scared of the auto program beacuse of it, i remember when i was trying to get into Auto people would tell me that i would get made fun of, but i did not care..
in response to this i try to be the exact opposite, when someone looks at me i say hello before they can even respond, i hold doors open and stuff like that, i truly want to be respected, i dont want to be scared of, in the same sense (treat others like you would like to be treated.) thats a very good thing to live buy! and trust me, it works, i am much more respected and get made fun of alot..... less than in highschool. 8)

13aceofspades13 said:
KeiserSoze said:

i do believe its nice to treat people with respect as you would want to be treated. let me give a Exampe.

Here at MCTI i am in the Auto program, the Auto program is one of the hardest trades to get in and i know that form experience, staying here is almost just as hard. and for some reason a lot of the students that are in auto have a nasty attitude, even towards me since i am a newbie! i will say hi to one of them in the hall when i am out of class, and they will flat out ignore me or look at me like i am funny, they are much worse to the other trade students such as grounds maintenance and custodial. Auto has pritty much earned a not so good reputation when it comes to the attitude of the students, and how they treat others, some are literally scared of the auto program beacuse of it, i remember when i was trying to get into Auto people would tell me that i would get made fun of, but i did not care..
in response to this i try to be the exact opposite, when someone looks at me i say hello before they can even respond, i hold doors open and stuff like that, i truly want to be respected, i dont want to be scared of, in the same sense (treat others like you would like to be treated.) thats a very good thing to live buy! and trust me, it works, i am much more respected and get made fun of alot..... less than in highschool. 8)

Just let it all roll off your back bro. Guess how many people I still talk to from high school and college.... 3. One is my wife, the other two have been friends since elementary days. The rest, well, are gone. And a lot of them are either in jail or on drugs and have done nothing with their lives. So who cares what they said about me 15 years ago. 8)

SMA isn't a forum to discuss spiritual beliefs but it doesn't bother me to see a group of adults sharing their faith - whatever that may be.

As you know I am a born again Christian and I continue to work on my relationship with God - thru Jesus - on a daily basis (well some days I'm kinda slack honestly). For me it's like working on your relationship with your wife, your kids, your friends. You have to work at it. I believe the Bible and I look to the Word of God for direction in my life.

When I owned up to the fact that I am a sinner and believed that Jesus was real and died so that, despite my sin, I could have a relationship with God my life forever changed - but I wasn't instantly changed. It's a work in progress and God works to change me from the inside out into the man that he made me to be. I still am a sinner, always will be. But I believe that Jesus died so that, by faith in Him, I can live.

Now with that said, yes mankind has really dropped the ball and continues too. There is a lot of corruption, lots of lies, lots of manipulation - but Man did that - not God. God, the creator of all things, made you, loves you, wants to have an honest heart-to-heart relationship with all of us.

That's what I believe. The experience's that I have had in my life are full of concrete proof of not only the existence of God, Jesus, Spirit - but also that He wants to be a part of our lives.

Wow I'm rambling on.

If you don't believe that - I am not going to try and force my view on you. I am not gonna try and 'convert' you (hate that) - all I can do is share my story. God is the only one that can reveal Himself to you - and He will if you seek him.

So yeah, you can present your beliefs here (in this thread) but NO soapbox preaching. People are entitled to believe what they want and I will not allow a fight/debate about it here. All it will take is one stupid remark or name calling or whatever and I'll shut this thread down like a tavern at 2am. (stupid remark as in "how can you NOT believe in God.....???" or something like that. )

Time to build models...no?

Scott Girvan said:
SMA isn't a forum to discuss spiritual beliefs but it doesn't bother me to see a group of adults sharing their faith - whatever that may be.

As you know I am a born again Christian and I continue to work on my relationship with God - thru Jesus - on a daily basis (well some days I'm kinda slack honestly). For me it's like working on your relationship with your wife, your kids, your friends. You have to work at it. I believe the Bible and I look to the Word of God for direction in my life.

When I owned up to the fact that I am a sinner and believed that Jesus was real and died so that, despite my sin, I could have a relationship with God my life forever changed - but I wasn't instantly changed. It's a work in progress and God works to change me from the inside out into the man that he made me to be. I still am a sinner, always will be. But I believe that Jesus died so that, by faith in Him, I can live.

Now with that said, yes mankind has really dropped the ball and continues too. There is a lot of corruption, lots of lies, lots of manipulation - but Man did that - not God. God, the creator of all things, made you, loves you, wants to have an honest heart-to-heart relationship with all of us.

That's what I believe. The experience's that I have had in my life are full of concrete proof of not only the existence of God, Jesus, Spirit - but also that He wants to be a part of our lives.

Wow I'm rambling on.

If you don't believe that - I am not going to try and force my view on you. I am not gonna try and 'convert' you (hate that) - all I can do is share my story. God is the only one that can reveal Himself to you - and He will if you seek him.

So yeah, you can present your beliefs here (in this thread) but NO soapbox preaching. People are entitled to believe what they want and I will not allow a fight/debate about it here. All it will take is one stupid remark or name calling or whatever and I'll shut this thread down like a tavern at 2am. (stupid remark as in "how can you NOT believe in God.....???" or something like that. )

Time to build models...no?

well said scott, and conversion was not my intension... i just wanted to talk about my way of life and see everyone elses, i believe everyone is entitled to what they believe... and it is not right to force something on someone ells, the bible itself even says that we are not to be forceful.

Well said Scott. I myself practice Christianity but have friends that are Wiccan, Jewish, Muslim, and some that believe in nothing as far as a higher power. And to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way, we don't always talk religion, but we respect each persons individual beliefs. Everybody has reasons for believing, or not believing in a higher power.

Latest posts

Back