Model Tank Archeology

errains

While rooting through some old boxes in the basement I stumbled across an old photo album and inside where a few pixs of two models I built way back in 1984ish.

They brought a smile and a chuckle when I saw them. The level of my modeling skills back then (which may not have improved much since) and details is rather funny. These where built back before after market really took off and digital cameras had not even been released yet! :D

Will hope you all find them as entertaining as I did. ;)

MA1a.jpg

MA1b.jpg

MA2a.jpg

MA2b.jpg

MA2c.jpg

Can be interesting to go back and look at those old pics.
Makes me wish I still had some of mine

Cool lookin' 250 !! Ah, 84 .... I was just gettin into th Tamiya stuff ... Now your making Me wish I had even thought of taking pix of those that I had ... Long gone are those 1st pieces .....

The American HT looks Cool ! What type of gun is that ?

Cool Stuff !!

Really neat stuff. I like the conversion of the old Tamiya kit into a T19, who's 105 is that? Italeri?

I actually still have most of my models from my childhood, well my 1/35 military models anyway anything else got tossed. I'll have to go dig out the box of stuff I did in the late 70's and early 80's and take some pics. It's mostly Tamiya German armor too, which is funny as I mostly build Allied stuff now.

8)

A couple of nice old school builds !!...great ;D, The ole dry brushing was hard to beat back then :D

Chris.

That's pretty darn good for "Non-digital" and "Non-after market". Very nicely done if you ask me. I'd like to see some of your recent stuff in the Digital age.

Very nice! I have "discovered" stuff I built years ago too! I have also found photos of some of my earlier works and have thought, either I am crazy or actually learning something from all my Model Buddies!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back