Mobius War Machine/Iron Patriot

Stargeezer

I just found out that I'm getting a Moebius 1/8 scale War Machine for Christmas this year so I was looking online for some reference pictures. When I discovered that in the upcoming Iron Man 3 movie the War Machine is going to become the Iron Patriot. Now that is one cool paint job Iron Man meets Captain America so I have to build me one here is a picture of Iron Patriot.

7UpNI.jpg

Hey Stargazer,

Even though I'm not an american that is still an impressive colour scheme.

I'll keep an eye out to see what you do with your Chrissie 'War Machine'. I've just received my War Machine from Moebius Models and haven't decided on a scheme yet.

Regards,

Craig.

I'm planning on making a smaller mini gun like in the picture and I will defiantly be using liquid masking material of some kind. I would also like to get my hands on a lighting kit and come up with a diorama base.

I just found this picture with Captain America's shield I admit that I'm not to familiar with the Iron Patriot's story ark in the comics. I don't know why he would have Cap's shield but I do like how the figure looks with it.

medium.jpg

What do you guys think should I go with the Mini Gun or a double barreled cannon lookin thing like in this picture? I'm leaning toward the cannon myself.

iron-man-3-concept-art-2.jpg

I'm thinking about using the VooDooFX Iron Hero lighting kit on my Iron Patriot my problem is that I have never used resistors or circuit boards before. Are the instructions in these lighting kits easy to follow or am I going to run into problems? Any advice you electronic wizards around here can give me would be greatly appreciated. I also have an idea of what I want to do with the base I'll have him standing in a shallow crater like this to look like he just made a hard landing.

ve5c8.jpg

I just ordered the VooDooFX lighting kit from CultTVman's hobby shop and the War Machine kit should be at my LHS tomorrow. I'll post progress pictures when I get started.

The double cannon could definitely work for what you're doing with him.
Also saves trying to put together the ammo belt for the minigun.

Can't talk about the lighting kits, as I haven't used them

hey stargeezer,
i myself just bought the warmachine kit. mine is getting here today. i was also thinking about different painting schemes and trying to look online for ideas. i figure we could share our projects and ideas along the way.

oh yea and i was wondering if you were planning on painting it before/during/after the build. im not sure how i should go about that.

My War Machine kit finally showed up at the hobby shop yesterday so I will be getting started soon. I found some more pictures that I like they are of an action figure or something it's the War Machine armor but painted like Iron Patriot. I think that's what I'll do rather than trying to change anything (I just love that minigun). I'm not going to paint the gun red though that looks a bit to toy like to me.

IronPatriot1.jpg

IronPatriot3.jpg

Sure Killacam that sounds like a great idea, I'm not sure yet I'll have to wait until I get into building the kit before I decide about painting. I also have the lighting kit to consider it will probably be after I get it built though. Keep me posted on your build this is going to be fun.

Looks great killacam, Well I'm in the midst of the blizzard of 2012 here in good ole Muncie, Indiana so I'm stranded at the house. I guess it's a good day to start on my War Machine since I finally got to pull it out from under the tree yesterday. First things first I gotta see if I can figure out this lighting kit and where to run the wires.

Stargeezer said:
I just found this picture with Captain America's shield I admit that I'm not to familiar with the Iron Patriot's story ark in the comics. I don't know why he would have Cap's shield but I do like how the figure looks with it.

medium.jpg

Iron Patriot is also known as Norman Osborne Sr, AKA, The Green Goblin. Seems ol' Norman shacked up with the US Gummint in the Dark X Men saga, and he became Iron Patriot around that time.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Patriot_Armor this says The Dark Avengers, but he was also part of the Dark X Men.

Latest posts

Back