Messerschmitt Bf 110 C/D, Matchbox 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
While the putty on the Dorniers get dry, I started another very old Aircraft. Its a Bf 110 C/D from Matchbox, released in the early 80s. Dont ask me, how long I held her in stash. I dont know ;D Maybe very long...
Here are the first pics and the Box-Art, awaking some memorys ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very cool. I built a bunch of the matchbox kits as a kid, I thought it was pretty neat that they came moulded in different coloured plastic sprues. My favourite back then was a cf-104. It will be great to see what you plan for the 110.

That really is an OLD kit.
Looks like you'll give her a good working on, though

Yeah truely an old Kit, decals include swastikas, which were forbidden in the early 80s.
Matchbox very often includes two canopys, a good idea! So you were not in trouble if one of them fails.
I removed the left wing and the elevators to correct the angle. I planned to keep the raised panels as good as possible.
I decided to make the Bf 110 as an historic aircraft for three causes.
First, it was an Aircraft, used by the Luftwaffe in WWII! Second, this Kit was manufactured 30 Years ago! And third, the manufacturer didnt exist anymore.

At least I filled the seamlines with putty and let it dry for tomorrow ;D

Looks great Chief, that kit brings back memories, i think i built it when i was like 10 but it was a fun kit can't wait to see more of it keep up the great work. :)

panzerman

Thanks for your commendations :)
Here is the newest update:
I finished the fuselage. All parts were found somewere. At first I sprayed a Tamiya Primer coating. This time the white one, cause the usual gray werent available after the great quake :-(

I used Tamiya XF-59 as basic color. Its a really dark tone. I have to mix it up with some white next time. Next step was masking the Camoflage pattern and the second color, Vallejo RLM 79.

Engine compartments and yaws painted in RLM 4

I found some decals that matches the desert Unit Zerstörergeschwader 26 "Horst Wessel", based at Italy and North Africa. Its not 100% correct, but there werent any others.

As the Dorniers, the Bf 110 also finds her way into the display :))
Decals are not 100% accurate because they are remainders, but I can live with it. Im very proud on her, she is a really old but good looking Lady. Hat off :)

The "Diorama" was borrowed from a Bf 109 E4 trop. and a Macci 202

Hey great job! You did a good job on the soot streaks coming from the exhaust, looks realistic. Everything looks great.

That turned out fantastic C.P.O. I like the base and the desert colours.

Latest posts

Back