Messerschmitt BF-109 G6 1/72

DreamKnight

OK, still waiting on my Corsair cockpit and my Hurricane to come in for the group build so I might as well start another. Was trying to decide between a Panzer or another plane so I check my pile and decided on the BF-109. And now... the obligatory box and spur shots (Why do people show these photo to start anyways?)

messer01.jpg

messer02.jpg

Oh this is going to be interesting. The instructions included in the box is for the Hawker Tempest. lol See if I can find the actual instructions on the net somewhere.

Man, I didn't know how much a scriber rocked until I finally got one for my models. Especially at the 1/72 scale, you run sand over a panel line lightly and once and sometimes they disappear! lol

So painted the cockpit, put together the main pieces with lots of rescribing lines and ready for painting once I get my Co2 tank refilled.

messer05.jpg

messer06.jpg

messer07.jpg

Pics with the base coat then with the other colors. Before applying future for decaling. There are lots of tiny decals for this model. o_O

messer10.jpg

messer11.jpg

messer12.jpg

messer13.jpg

messer14.jpg

Nice one-O-nine. Love the two tone grey scheme.
Just a panel line wash & coat of flat - then it's finished. :D

I love building in 1:72, saves shelf space, and so far I've found larger kits a little daunting.

Very nicely done, DK! Can't wait to see it with the finished flat coat.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

That reminds me, though, and I'll take this opportunity to make an observation (and hijack the thread, sorry!). I think the division of threads into "in progress" and "completed" is a little unnatural. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to think just of the subject area, eg, to look for Aircraft threads, and then within the category, threads can represent completed or in-progress builds, or anything else. But to put the filter "completed/in-progress" first means having to think, "Oh, yes, that model isn't completed yet, I'll look in the in-progress thread."

I guess the advantage faster access to completed models. I'm not saying one is better than the other, and it's not a complaint, just thinking about the system (analyzing systems is part of what I do for a living ;D )

Haha, I got confused about that at first too. But I think the reason is the same as what you said. Over at Promodellers they do the same thing except they call their completed area "Gallery".

I think what I'll do is when a build is completed, I'll post a link to that forum topic from the build thread... so...

THIS MODEL HAS BEEN COMPLETED!
CHECK IT OUT!

Latest posts

Back