merseajohn's Luke and Yoda

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Well here's the next project guys. We're still waiting for the little one to arrive so this build may take an abrubt halt for obvious reasons lol. But in the mean time when I have a half hour to spare I'll crack on with it. Here's what I've done so far (sorry the pics arn't all that, I've taken them on the ipad because what little time I have available wont be wasted on getting the big camera and lighting out):
IMG_4565.jpg
b9d3aceec1f2f30250d927b947bd78a5.jpg
ee029520f228af4220e45cffc14ef99e.jpg
Ive done a little more but havnt taken pics yet, hope you like it. This is an area that I've had little practice on and I'm learning all the time with it ;D
MJ

Looking good mate ...Keep this one going ;D ;D ;)

Chris.

That's not a bad likeness for luke. They really have some awesome miniatures in that line.

Great job so far. Are you going to have a dioramic base for it?

Thanks guys, ;)
blakeh1 said:
Are you going to have a dioramic base for it?
Well I may add some pigments, mud effects and some Armour Farm products, but I want to try and keep it subtle.
Another small update, got Luke's hair done:
3c3ff2e50a40653aa3a5aaff440665af.jpg
a80383cef898561a63a6276933bdcb79.jpg
Also the arms and yodas hands:
972767fcf9f08637ad0cdef0e2831924.jpg
And of course the main man himself:
2036f97ea39390434888c94a2e05f072.jpg
Paints used have been mainly Vallejo but some Citedal paints and washes have come in handy :)
I've got the backpack done and the straps but I'll take some pics of that hopefully this weekend. Also there's been minor tweaks to all the parts that are shown above.
MJ

Looking really cool :) Now I know that the Assasin figure went in to right hands ;)

Biskup said:
Looking really cool :) Now I know that the Assasin figure went in to right hands ;)
Thanks Biskup! Yup can't wait to get stuck into that Assasin! ;)

Nice hair do mate ;D ;D. Yoda is looking sweet too ,excellent work :)

Thanks guys, I'm trying to learn the blending of acrylics technique, paint on with one brush then feather with a damp brush. It's kind of working :-\
MJ

The smellys are easier yer know ... ::) ;D ;D

Chris.

Been missing out on this one MJ...sorry 'bout that!! ::) Awesome work....again my friend!! You may make me actually finish a fig or two that I need to do soon!!

Chris S said:
The smellys are easier yer know ... ::) ;D ;D

Chris.
Lol I know mate, I'm not a convert to Acrylics by any means I'll do a fig in oils one day! ;)
TRM said:
Been missing out on this one MJ...sorry 'bout that!! ::) Awesome work....again my friend!! You may make me actually finish a fig or two that I need to do soon!!
Cheers T! Now get cracking on those figs!
Ok guys I'm picking up steam with this now, again I'm happy with it.....but not thrilled lol:
68e1cbbf96cfa052304239d16858fde1.jpg
I'm really sorry about lack of decent pics, I'll try and dig the decent camera out on the next update.
Cheers for looking and commenting as always!
MJ

Looks excellent John :) , really nice shading & highlighting , the straps especially came out great ....Keep at it mate ,brilliant work ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys, the fit is very good all though I have had to bend the legs ever so slightly to allow them to fit in the holes in the base.

Latest posts

Back