Mercedes Benz 320 Cabrio Staffcar

FAUST

Ola Guys

I want to share a project that I'm working on at the moment.

If you have to ride into battle you might as well do it in style :D. This is SMA's Mercedes Benz 320 staffcar. Resin kit with white metal parts and some PE that I'm building as something quick to finish. In between projects. Helps to keep the momentum with my other stuff.

Built stage
Merc320_001.jpg

Merc320_002.jpg

Merc320_003.jpg

Merc320_004.jpg

Primer and preshade
Merc320_005.jpg

Merc320_006.jpg

And after half an evening of throwing paint at: it a nice layer of grey.
Merc320_007.jpg

Merc320_008.jpg

Merc320_009.jpg

Merc320_010.jpg

Next up: More painting.

As always curious to any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Ola Zappa

Thanks for the compliments on the paint. I think it turned out great.
The kit is from the British brand SMA (Scale Model Accessories). And as far as I know the company doesn't exist anymore. They did some really neat multimedia kits with resin, white metal and PE. You find the kits on ebay every now and then

@ Hook and Roy
Thanks for the compliments.

@ Zappa
Yes I take the doors off otherwise around 50 percent of the interior cannot be reached by brush. Also the wheels are still separate. Tomorrow evening I'm going to paint the wheelwells. The bottom of the vehicle will not be painted since it is going to stand up to it's axles in mud. So not much use spending time on that.

As has been said already your paint work looks great. One question, are the bumpers and wheels and such cast metal?

@ Subhuman
Thanks for the compliments on the paint. And to answer your question. Yes the Wheels, The bumpers and various other details are cast in white metal. Probably as a way to save on material costs. SMA did this a lot with their kits.

@ Andrei
Thanks for the kind words.

Ola Geegad

Thanks for the compliments. You should try it once. There are some truely cool vehicles available. They can be a challenge some times but they are cool to do.

@ Chris
Thanks for the compliments.

@ Geegad
I have seen you tackle all the problems with that Allied vehicle with a stunning result so I wouldn't worry too much about that

Got an update of the Merc 320. Started painting the stuff that should not be grey. For the most parts it is still just the basecoat. Highlighting and shading will come when everything is basecoated. Big fun so far.
Merc320_011.jpg

Merc320_014.jpg

Merc320_015.jpg

Merc320_016.jpg

Merc320_017.jpg

Merc320_018.jpg

Merc320_019.jpg

More paintflinging will follow soon. After that washes, filters, pinwashes and an assortment of weathering. With a sidedish of mud.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

@Roy and Wouter.
Thanks a lot for the compliments.

Got another update. Every part of the car is painted in its base color and now comes the fun part of the weathering.

First a dashing dash. The dials are kinda painted in the colors they should be. But since they will not be very visible in the end I didn't go all Rembrandt on it.
Merc320_021.jpg

Then I aged the leather seats
Merc320_023.jpg

And then came the washes. And making the radiator cover look more canvassy.
Merc320_022.jpg

Merc320_024.jpg

Merc320_025.jpg

More weathering will follow. This is the cleanest she is going to be.

Latest posts

Back