MEMPHIS BELLE

After I am done with this, you'd be hard pressed to find me working in 1/72 again.....

My apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it, but is the support vehicle set the Airfix set? They look good!
As as far as working in 1/72 goes, I find that the magnification I use makes it work-an Optivisor knock-off, and cheap reading glasses (3x magnification) from the drug store. Good lighting helps, too, general area and focused lighting.

My apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it, but is the support vehicle set the Airfix set? They look good!
As as far as working in 1/72 goes, I find that the magnification I use makes it work-an Optivisor knock-off, and cheap reading glasses (3x magnification) from the drug store. Good lighting helps, too, general area and focused lighting.
Yes, Airfix. Bifocals I use are split with reading on top with +1.50 extra in the reading area.

I hear, 1/72 is a bit small these days for me as well. The one benefit it has is it takes up less space.

Of course that is often at the price of detail

I try to save the larger scales for more favorite "show piece" type rather than trying to have every subject represented in that scale.

Latest posts

Back