Masking Fluid

wjbrandel

Has anyone used masking fluid by Tamiya?

I'm thinking about using it but I don't really know anything about it and wondering what others think about the masking fluid.

I've only used Microscale's Micro Mask and Abteilung's Liquid Mask .
I assume the Tamiya has similar properties .
It's Tamiya , so you know it most likely doesn't suck :p :D

True, very true, but is it easy to work with and does the paint bleed under the edge of it.

Those 2 I use work great -- although I use exclusively the Abteilung one now .
It's not possible to have paint bleed under it . Well , not unless you paint it down onto a contaminated surface but you wouldn't do that ;)

I'm about to use a whole bunch of it when I paint that BV 155 .

It's not possible to have paint bleed under it . Well , not unless you paint it down onto a contaminated surface but you wouldn't do that ;)

Unrelated question, but is the BV 155 a hybrid prop/jet interceptor?

Cool thanks for the info. I just want an easier mask to use that won't bleed. I can't seem to find a masking tape that won't bleed through.

I've had really good results with Humbrol Maskol, and I'm a fan of how easy it is to see what you've already covered on most kits thanks to it's overly purple hue.
Super sticky, the only bleeding issues I've had are where I've pulled bits up from not waiting long enough or scaping it by accident.

Latest posts

Back