Magnifying Glasses

nickt666

Hi Guys, I was looking at getting a set of head mounted magnifying glasses, similar to what a jeweller wears for when I'm painting small kits. does anyone have any advice or recommendations? I was wondering what brands I should e looking at & any other relevant info would be much appreciated.
Cheers!

I have these

http://jsritter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=29.499&Category_Code=MLVE

and these

http://jsritter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=29.470&Category_Code=MLOP

The first one is much better as it comes with swappable lenses of varying strengths and was only $30 and has a light.

The second one is good for some stuff, was pretty reasonable to buy but doesn't come with different lenses and the lenses themselves cost as much as the visor.

I only wish the first one had an LED instead of incandescent. Though I do have one of those hats with LEDs in the bill.

Cool! The first one also looks very effective with the different lenses. I may end up being limited to what can be sent to me here in Singapore. They are all actually far more affordable than I initially thought they would be. Thanks for the heads up! :)

The easiest and cheapest way to magnify is to buy reading glasses from the drug store. I got a 3.75x pair of glasses on sale for $7.50. I found that if you wear the headset you can not do anything else. With the reading glasses you can multi task.
Hope this helps

DXM said:
The easiest and cheapest way to magnify is to buy reading glasses from the drug store. I got a 3.75x pair of glasses on sale for $7.50. I found that if you wear the headset you can not do anything else. With the reading glasses you can multi task.
Hope this helps

I also have a cpl pair of reading glasses 1.5x and 2x that I got from the dollar store ... almost always wearing those when working.

I also got mine from the dollar store. I have a head band but only use it when I need to see up really close. The dollar store reading glasses work great, and you can multi task as DXM says. The only drawback is that they can be more fragile than the ones you would buy at say a drug store. They will also have plastic lenses, which scratch easily.

I've got one of these and love it. Ridiculously handy.

204DFlexAMag2.jpg

(Elm can order in BTW).

I have the same as ScarredKustoms. They work great but I don't think much of the light either.
Wow....it was only a year ago that I did not even need to wear such things.....hmmm....age is a darn thing!
cheers,
FW190

That's all really great advice! Now I have more options than I know what to do with, Haha. At least now i have a much better understanding of what is available & practical. Thanks again to everyone who provided the info! :)

Latest posts

Back