m7 priest

geegad

ive got the academy m7 priest and i want to change the tracks they come with some real nasty rubber band type ive had a look around i think please correct me if i'm wrong thats it's based on the Sherman chassis just which type.i am looking at the bronco style if that helps any

many thanks for your help i know one of you olive drab dudes will know

It Is Built on the Sherman for sure as for what tracks to use you have options but i guess it would depend on where it served, using google image search show lots of them with different tracks.

this looks like Panzer tracks....
M7_Priest.jpg

But that's a cobbled together, makeshift piece of fiction right there Spud, there is so much 'wrong' with that vehicle, I wouldn't know where to start. ;)

Geedude. ;D

It's always best to use period photos and not modern ones if you have any interest in accuracy ...and I don't mean nit picking, rivet counter stuff either.

There could be a few styles, the simple flat rubber block style or rubber chevron style the most common IIRC, and perhaps the steel chevron on Lend Lease vehicles?

bronco_models_t51_sherman_tracks_a.jpg

m7-priest.jpg

Bronco-Sherman-T48-tracks.jpg

M7%20early-mid%202.jpg

bronco-models-sherman-t54ei-workable-track-link-set.jpg

Bel-M7Priest.jpg

arn't he simplest answers always the best...cheers spud and ken will be going for the second black and white picture and use the band tracks for a catapult

cheers again lads

spud said:
It Is Built on the Sherman for sure as for what tracks to use you have options but i guess it would depend on where it served, using google image search show lots of them with different tracks.

this looks like Panzer tracks....
M7_Priest.jpg

Yeah, that is a weird one. Looks like US markings, but has a 17 or 25pdr, which would actually make it a Sexton and not a Priest, nevermind the funky tracks on it.

lol i taught it was kinda weird but if it was me i would defo be using period pics.

as for the tank i wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless they were side by side

cool reference pic and placed an order for them 10 nicker from hannants my first aftermarket tracks..one day i will venture into the Friul tracks spud bud

Well there ya go!

That's a Canadian built Sexton I (built on the RAM chassis, hence those odd front fenders, sprockets and tracks; Sexton II was built on the Grizzly (M4A1 Sherman chassis))

No wonder why it looked weird. :p

Thanks for the kit start Scott, it's been a long week. ;D

That would also explain the tracks as well, as the RAM had some odd ball tracks.

Doesn't explain the markings on it though, definitely not CDN markings that I have seen

lol geegad im sure the ones you get will do the job nicely :D

just saw Tony Lee's Sexton and the gun is the same. well it looks the same :D