M.O.T.M. Creature From The Black Lagoon

ModelMakerMike

"It's Slobberin' time""
Hey Fellow Herd-ers,
here is my first entry in the figure category. Since there isn't a "Monster" category I figured this one would work. :)
This is, I believe, the last entry from "Aurora" in their "Monsters of the Movies" line.
I had an original Aurora release back in the mid to late '70s.
He came with a Glow in the dark head, and fish. When yer a kid that's a really good selling point. :)
I thought it was one of the best of the series, and have been searching for a new one for years.
You could occasionally find one on Ebay for A LOT of money. I didn't want one that bad, and I figured someone would re-release it someday. Then Moebius did last summer!!!!! I was so excited!

I bought two of them last September, built and painted one and gave it to my friend for his Birthday. Today, I went to his house and he let me take some pix of it.

After I assembled it, I gave it a coat of flat black, and then dry-brushed some graphite, and then some silver on the main body and head. Then I hand painted his abdomen in met. gold. I also hand painted with some Met. silver on his eyebrows, lips, and some of his lumps/scales.
When all that was dry, I sprayed some Translucent green over him. I ended up using two different greens because the first was too blue.
Then I hand painted red on his gills, Met. gold on his claws, and his eyes. and dry-brushed some gold on his webbing.
I dry-brushed most of the base, and hand painted the fish.
The design on the clack board is the decal that came with the kit.

Creature8.jpg

Creature1.jpg

Creature11.jpg

Creature3.jpg

Creature6.jpg

Creature2.jpg

Creature5.jpg

;D

Looks incredible! I haven't seen one of these in a while. Very Kool!

Very nice Myke ;D....I like the effect and depth you got with the green , very well done fella .

Chris.

Whoa, he looks awesome Mike! Great paintwork on him too!! Wouldn't this be a nice piece to set on top of the aquarium. May have to pick one up.

Thanx guys!
;D
It was a fun project, and since I did it a year ago..... I might do another one, and maybe improve on it.
I have a 125 gallon aquarium, and a 55 gallon. I would LOVE to be able to throw a fully painted one in the 125, but am not sure what kind of paint would be safe...
But like FT said, I could just set him on top! ;)

Latest posts

Back