Lord Stanleys Cup

Congrats to Boston! Although I hate them........ :p :p

One goal in game 7 overtime the other way and she would have been a whole different game! LOL

I know excuses, excuses. Boston won't be the same next year however.....no Recchi (a Canuck killer in this series) and likely no Ryder, small cogs in the wheel, but effective cogs.

Either way! CONGRATS!

This year was strange, I really didn't like either team.
I cheered...well not exactly cheered for Vancouver simply because it's a Canadian team. I just couldn't
warm up to them. Boston on the other hand was just a bunch of cheap shop artists .
The only reason why I'm happy for Boston to win is for Tim Thomas' sake.
His career to get to finally drink from the cup was a long road.
Well any way...Congrats Bruins

But I never said Vancouver was not a bunch of divers. ;D
By the way...why was Bergeron's finger in Burrows mouth?

Being a HABS fan, I guess it is ingrained that we must hate the Bruins.

However....I kind of saw the writing on the wall when this guy came waltzing through my yard, about 10mins before game start.

IMG_4546-vi.jpg

IMG_4547-vi.jpg

whoops, hit edit, not quote

DXM said:
But I never said Vancouver was not a bunch of divers. ;D
By the way...why was Bergeron's finger in Burrows mouth?

ahhh, fair enough.
Maybe he just wanted his gum? ;D

Elm City Hobbies said:
Being a HABS fan, I guess it is ingrained that we must hate the Bruins.

Fair point, I guess you could say the same about us here...
but I don't hate the Habs (especially not this year) ;D

Scott Girvan said:
Congrats!

You don't even LIKE hockey
(or Timmies for that matter!)

Good day sir! ;D

Well, being from BC I'm of course a Canuckle head that goes way back. Boston was definately the better team during this series thus, they get a cup out of it. Grew up hating anything east of Winnipeg ;D

It's the NHL not Canada vs. USA, we save that for the Olympics and junior hockey at Christmas. My brother could be a Bruin and I'd still go for my team.

Just a reminder that the Canucks have never won a cup in 40 years of existance and have been close 3 times now so...if they'd won it could be said "about time"as well. Boston was the better team this time though and I was disapointed in the Canuck goal tending (this series) Boston did a great job getting into Lou's head.The Canuck cheap shots (Boston guilty too) and all the diving crap, it ruins the game! So I'm not feeling sorry for the Canucks right now let's face it.... they blew it big time. :p

Ialarmu said:
It's the NHL not Canada vs. USA,

Unfortunately there were two stadiums full of people who don't get that, the fools chanting USA, USA, USA in the Garden and those waving the Canadian flag and jeering in the faces of the Bruins every time they entered the rink.

Pretty silly considering how many Canadians make up the Bruins roster, in fact I think there are currently more Canadians on the Bruins, then there are on the Canucks.

Ialarmu said:
the Canucks have never won a cup in 40 years of existance and have been close 3 times now so...if they'd won it could be said "about time"as well.

Of course it could, but I don't have any personal attachment to that team. The Bruins last cup was when I was about three. I used to gaze up at all the banners hanging from the ceiling in the Garden (the original) and wonder when I would see it happen first hand. I played Mini-Mites, Squirts, Pee-Wees, Bantam and Midget Minors, always pretending to be in game seven against the Habs and winning it all like my heroes on the old TV footage.

Ya'll can have the next five to be honest or ten even, my life long wish has come true. To make it even that much better, my nine year old son got to sit there and see it happen right next to me.

" my nine year old son got to sit there and see it happen right next to me"

I'll bet that was cool :D

Just so you know if it came down to a Boston and Montreal game 7.....I'd be in the crowd waving a Bruins flag. I'm a Hab hater.......but mostly just for fun I don't really hate anybody ;)

I'm a proud Canadian and I'm proud to have a strong dislike for hockey and Tim Hortons. It doesn't matter to me who wins, I don't know anybody on the teams. ;D But I'm happy it made Scalemodelmadman's day.

I'm embarrassed about how Vancouver handled the loss. Come on people! It's just a bunch of guys chasing a puck!! :eek: :-[ :mad:

I've been on model-making hiatus since the start of the playoffs, now I'm looking forward to some relaxing, stress free evenings at home for the summer. The parade was amazing. We were very close to the action...I took this picture and a bunch more from about 10 feet away!

ZandTheCup2.jpg

I have to say the players looked as thrilled to see us as we were to see them. Hockey players are certainly a different breed of sportsmen. Congrats to the Bruins organization and fans. I can die happy now ;)

Those Bruins fans are hardcore!

2451.jpg

LOL - pretty brutal photoshop job (don't have a stock Ken pic from that angle ;0)

Latest posts

Back