LEOPARD VK 12.06 RECON TANK

MrT

I picked up this little jewel at the IPMS Nationals. Looks to be a fun little project so stay tuned.

Terry ;D

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

Watching with interest, I realy want an Amussing Hobby kit. More than anything else I love the name " amusing hobby" ;D

rookie said:
Watching with interest, I realy want an Amussing Hobby kit. More than anything else I love the name " amusing hobby" ;D

Looks really nice! We'll see how it builds up.

Terry ;)

I am curious to see how this one turns out too. I built the Hobby Boss version of this same vehicle and am wondering what the similarities and differences are, or if maybe Amusing Hobby and Hobby Boss are somehow one and the same??

pingvuiini said:
I am curious to see how this one turns out too. I built the Hobby Boss version of this same vehicle and am wondering what the similarities and differences are, or if maybe Amusing Hobby and Hobby Boss are somehow one and the same??

I had the same thought that they might be the same company. I don't have the Hobby Boss version so you have to chime in if you see simularities.

;D

MrT said:
I had the same thought that they might be the same company. I don't have the Hobby Boss version so you have to chime in if you see simularities.

;D

The only photo I took of the Hobby Boss build was of the suspension. It was a genuinely working torsion bar system which seems to be common with most HB kits. If the Amusing Hobby kit looks similar then its quite possible the two manufacturers are indeed incestuous bastard stepchildren(or whatever).
VK1602Torsion01.jpg

Perhaps a comparative scan of the instructions is in order?

This is news to me! I never even heard of this company before till now! Thanks for sharing!

B

Here is a scan of the Hobby Boss parts list which might indicate whether the two manufacturers are the same or at least copying each other.

VK1602Parts01.jpg

I look forward to seeing this built Mr.T. I don't think Hobby Boss and Amusing Hobby are related. Isn't Amusing Hobby a Japanese company?

Yes it is, but kit is made in China. I know some of these companies use the same factories. The two kits do seem to be different. Mine has more parts and different options.

Terry ;D

Latest posts

Back