Kotobukiya Black Sarena

Squee

Hey hey, this is a kit i'm working on for a kotobukiya GB on another site.

The model is called the Black Sarena from the Nadesico movie The Prince of Darkness.

The Box:

2mh7c0l.jpg

Snap fitted the Aestivalis. This is the robot that is underneath all the armor. This kit is going to be TINY!

2cnwhty.jpg

Size comparison next to an SD Gundam kit.

95oefo.jpg

Lots of seams and nubs to fix. I think i will snap fit everything to see what needs to be fixed and modified for seam removal and painting.

Here's a review of the kit over at http://dalong.net/review/kotobukiya/sarena/sarena_p.htm

Still snapping. There are so many nub marks and seams on this i need to get rid of. :/

Leg comparison(That big one took me an hour alone to build!):

v8h4ko.jpg

Giant kickass thruster!

20a6ubm.jpg

It is! The Smaller mech is an actual kit you can buy buy itself. I've wanted this kit for years, and finally found it for a great deal. Couldn't pass it up.

Other projects have made me forget about this one... But i have to finish it by the end of the month for a group build i'm in.

Thinking about trying out different shades of black so it's not all just one black color. Vektar suggested some Nato black. Might also use some Alclad Gunmetal. I have some Kustom Kolor Galaxy Grey but i don't really want any silver flakes in it. Torn on colors, but still a ways off.

n5l9va.jpg
m9speb.jpg
2n9co02.jpg
10pauyh.jpg

I messed up and glued the inner panels in place... I should have waited as i wanted to paint them a frame color. :dead:
I realized to late, but for some of the bigger pieces, they needed to be glued in first before seam removal. Oh well, maybe i'll go mask it, maybe not.

And as it sit's right now. Finished most of the prepping for the black pieces.

2rc8h12.jpg

Cool. Looks like a nice kit and you're taking your time to do it up just right.

Keep us posted, Sqee. :)

Pretty much done w/ most of the painting. I kinda didn't really go crazy w/ the aestivalis, as most of it is covered up. Waiting for the black to fully cure then i have about 3 seams to fix and repaint. Then i should be done!

2hya3xw.jpg
Pointless detail... It'll never be shown again. LOL
317d24p.jpg

Finally finished. Such a pain in the @$$ trying to get my camera to focus on details. Some pics might be blurry.

1zxnpyp.jpg

2hn2icm.jpg

34xp7hy.jpg

jgksc8.jpg

105qujr.jpg

69orup.jpg

n5n9ja.jpg

2nuhv21.jpg

mic8jc.jpg

3483qqp.jpg

106xyma.jpg

2ztj0qh.jpg