Kitbashing Drone Tank, Chassis Needed

Mr.Max

Look Before You Leap!
Hey guys and gals, today I sat down with my Bits Box and an Oral-B dental floss dispenser to see what I could come up with. Every time I finish off one of these smooth, rounded floss boxes I think what I could do with it, I decided it's going to be a sci-fi drone tank turret....to go with a tank chassis of course. After adding some bits and bobs and kitbashing a canon it really looks the part.

Now, here is where you cool cats can help me, if you like. What tank kit, 1/72 or 1/48 scale, would look best with a turret based off an Oral-B floss box? Any ideas?

The fluff for this project isn't too deep: sometime in the early 22nd century the top brass and some lab rats with the US Army are inspired by Keith Laumer's series of Bolo tank stories and decide to see if the next generation of autonomous AFVs could emulate the fictional robot tanks. Their pet project comes on on-line shortly before an alien invasion begins. Will the new robo tanks live up to the their inventor's hopes or fail in the opening round with an unknown enemy? :p

I would say going by the size of the floss pack a 1/48 scale would be proberly the best. I can't wait to see what you come up with

Me too! Gonna a be a little while, this is a project that evolves as the parts are found. This should lead down some interesting paths....

Multi-turret tanks? Odd but it seems that's where GW got some of their ideas for their tanks.

Latest posts

Back