KC-130J

Hey guys,

Well I have been having some camera problems but I figured I would show you what I am working on at the moment. The kit is the 1/72 Italeri C-130J. I am doing minimal work to the cockpit as the main draw will be the exterior

[attachment deleted by admin]

That bird has some waist line. Heating up the popcorn as I'm typing so I'm watching this for sure.

First thing I started on was modifying the props. The original pitch is on the left.

Looking forward to this one! One of my favorite birds. Nice choice too. Don't see a lot of the Marine versions being modeled.

Are the resin tanks to replace the inner or outer tanks? The inboard tanks look a little to be larger.

Good luck man! I'll be following along.

;D Agreed !

AIR_KC-130J_USMC_Right_Bank_lg.jpg

added some sensors to the nose and filled in the glass that isn't there on this version. Pretty much ready to prime now and check for seams. There is one probe on the top that I have to make still and put on.

Great progress! That's a beautiful scheme I can't wait to see how this bird turns out.

wow... moving fast !!! she's already closed up ???

I like the feathered props... Cool Mod ! we don't see that very often !

keep up the good work !

well the painting is close to ending on the plane, there is a spot on the nose you can see where I need to touch up, just hafta do the props and the doors, plus the white parts, then move on to the tanks. I was having a problem with the paint lifting up from the masking tape, so every paint layer has Future over it. it will be a flat finish when it is complete.

NICE! Great to see yours is progressing way better than mine. Looks good. Looking forward to the rest of your paint.

Jason

Thanks jmac, yea I put almost no time on the interior cause mine is all shut up, I do have an H kit sitting in the corner with all kinds of photo etch and resin engines, waiting to be built up :D. If I was building that one I doubt I'd have the fuselage together right now lol

Latest posts

Back