Jeep's table top Intrests,

Jeep

A good friend of mine opened a game store 11 years ago, from that moment gaming became less of a sideline to my many other hobbies to more of a active part of my daily routine. Currently I have and collect table top forces for Battletech, CAV (big stompy robots are cool), Flames Of War (15mm WW2), Battlefleet gothic, Warhammer (Dwarfs just starting out) Warhammer 40000, Salamander, and Dark angel space marines, Imperial Guard and Tau, Warmaster (Empire) Epic 40000 (space Marines) (Oh my credit card)) Warmachine (Khador) and probably some of the "flavor of the month" games I am forgetting. below are some images showing a sample, then my current project.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a large scale Dictator that I purchased years ago, I promised John Bear Ross (who made the resin and metal kit) that I would post photos when it was finished.

I airbrushed it and primitive based it on a hex shaped base cut from .90 Evergreen sheet styrene and stuck it in the display case at my local game store where it languished for years in attempt to drum up interest in CAV. I got it back 6 months ago and it sat on my painting table as a "to do" that is way to full of unfinished projects that are slowly filtering across the painting table as I wait for a call to work while on partial unemployment.

It was primed in games work shop chaos black primer after prepping and assembly. From here it was painted with Tamyia acrylics with a Paache VL double action airbrush in a loose NATO 3 color camouflage. The family coat of arms (my own), unit markings, and the " The Lady in Red" nose art was hand painted. the canopy was coated in "Future" floor polish (Johnson's Klear) and polished with a buffing wheel in a dremel motor tool. It was then accented with a off brown wash and then rebuffed for a more 3 dimensional effect. The canopy was then masked off and the whole model was then matte sprayed with testors Dull coat.
I broke out the airbrush again and finished the dust and mud weathering, accented with some MIG weathering powdered acrylics on the lower legs. The base was spruced up with some woodland scenic foliage which were "planted" around some "rocks" made from dyed Hydrocal plaster castings and some new sand and pebble flocking was added for texture. Puddles were made from careful application of paint and water effect epoxy with a smidgen of Gloss medium. This represents a Dictator CAV of my own mercenary company, I have a sizable force painted in the same paint scheme.

Current large scale project for Warhammer 40000 is a Imperial Leviathan command vehicle that is mentioned a in the back story and epic 40000. this is completely scratch build from "bitz" Games work shop bastion kits panels and evergreen. It is not yet finished or detailed (so many rivits to add)

What is the point of a Imperial Guard Regimental Headquarters track with out a Regiment? A sneak Peak at two of my 5 companies of Imperial Guard. The goal is two armored, two infantry and one Valkyrie borne, which are made concurrent with a good friend of mine's imperial guard companies with common camo schemes and number systems to make a Regiment between us.

Oh man, you're pretty hardcore. That Dictator though is gorgeous! That Imperial Leviathan is AWESOME. Great bash/scratch build.

I've been wanting to start on a big project of creating a whole chapter of space marines. I just can't make up my mind on making them Black Templars or Blood Angels. I was leaning towards the Templars and then they gone and done a new release of Blood Angels with the The Sanguinor and the Sanguinary Guard and some other really cool stuff so I might just go with Blood Angels.

The Dictator is wicked. Leviathan is wicked. They are both wicked. Really cool stuff.

Below is a portion of the Leviathan project, the rest of the IG stuff can be read at Imperial Guard message board were IG discussions belong. It is my hope that the revamped salamanders and to finish my Dark Angles will also be posted into this thread. Take note that the Leviathan is made to "work" with any of my Imperial armies, Note the heavy DA iconography which is a nod to Fallen Angles In the mean time the Leviathan:

Next update: I finally put some time back into the leviathan project. I am really pleased with how the Doomsday cannon is turning out. It at least looks like a cannon and not a over sized plumbing fixture. I also was struggling with how to finish the leviathan. While I was airbrushing all those tanks previously posted on a whim sprayed the leviathan too. This left me with what to do about the shiny bits of the alters and monuments to past glories. I decided to paint them Dwarf bronze these then "tarnish" them with some green paint and green washes. then I went back and hit them up again with bronze and a light high light of silver. I also added some trophy's and tokens of appreciation from certain space marine chapters to the command tower. I have also added a railing all the way around the main deck. Next on the agenda is the coms and Vox tower on the secondary deck, I plan on hanging banners from the tower. In all its coming right along.

Good going Jeep, you made me pull out my 40k stuff. lol

Hey, how many points is that cannon worth?

I don't know yet, BOLS has a leviathan rules but the more I searched leviathan rules sets the more egregious they became. Average is 1500 to 2500 pts!

That is seriously impressive stuff, Jeep. The Leviathan is a monster and a half on its own, let alone the whole lot together. 8)

Latest posts

Back