ITS FINISHED! DISPITE A LITTLE TROUBLE.

morethandanorm

On the 28th I got into a hurry and blew out all the leds for the engines. Just my luck the electronics stores around town happen to be all out of that type. I had a friend in the sign buisiness that gave me a few. The problem was that they wouldn't be able to run off the power source I had. So now there is a cord running out of the model to powere those lights.it doesn't help the look of flight , but it'll do till I can get the right bulbs. Sorry not to have finished on time but it was all fun anyway.
101_1824.jpg
101_1822.jpg
101_1823.jpg
101_1827.jpg
101_1790.jpg
101_1812.jpg

101_1840.jpg

101_1810.jpg
I've been having some decent progress with correcting a lot of the ERTL Millenium Falcons kits problems. Still I wanted something more from this one. As a kid I always wanted my favorite ship hanging from my cieling as if it were crusing around the room. So I came up with a way to light it up and still have it hanging. I have only scene the Falcon sit stationary on a stand if it had lights in it. I took a 7.2 rc car battery, on/off switch, some caps and led's and went to work. I began trying to make it as acurrate as I could with materials available. I ended up making it my own and got off the " Its gotta be perfect" trip. Its close but not exact. Hope everyone likes what they see. The wiring needs some cleaning up. I did it in a hurry out of curiosity of how long the battery will run it. So far on one charge. Its been on for almost two weeks!
101_1769.jpg
I mounted the on/off switch in a spot that was unoticable.
101_1770.jpg
These switches allow different groups of lights to be turned off or on . They are HO train switch track controls. He! He! Well it worked.
101_1773.jpg
101_1774.jpg

101_1760.jpg101_1775.jpg
101_1764.jpg
This date is not right. My camera doesn't hold its memory.

Re: My falcons updates. Theres light at the end of the .......

Pretty good work there.
Nice lighting job.

Using the RC car battery does worry me a little, though. Isn't it going to be VERY heavy for hanging?

Re: My falcons updates. Theres light at the end of the .......

I was concerned about how heavy it was as well. Then what I would hang it with. I got some 10lb test fishing line and with for strands evenly placed it seams to be fine. Its not done yet , but we'll see. :)

Latest posts

Back