Italian P-40 "Upgraded"

Jose Luis Lopez

Hello again!

No time to rest, just for modelling!

My next work on 1/35, a What If Italian´s P-40. Tamiya´s kit (Italeri reboxed) with some modifications just for fun

The kit before painting

576855_388077561261448_1081921990_n.jpg

Black and white base

DSC_0028_1681.jpg

Colors

s.jpg

Just for your information. All the paint work you see was made in just about 4 hours (in three days, one for priming the tank, 1/2 hour, 2 hours for the B&W base and 1 hour for the colors ). So, it´s not a time consuming technique! You just need some training with the airbrush, very dituted paint and paint in several thin layers, that´s all!

Thanks for looking

Do you start with the model painted black and then add the white?

Terry

Thanks sirs!

MrT, I first add a nice primer coat (grey). Then, I make a typical preshadowing work.

Once I locate the volumes of the tank and using a range of grey colors (dark grey to almost white), I start lightening the entire kit, just like figures.

Jose Luis Lopez said:
Thanks sirs!

MrT, I first add a nice primer coat (grey). Then, I make a typical preshadowing work.

Once I locate the volumes of the tank and using a range of grey colors (dark grey to almost white), I start lightening the entire kit, just like figures.

Thank you Luiz!!!

Up to your usual high standard eh Jose. Love the camo, very clean....so far. The washes and further weathering is gonna really make this one stand out.

This kit looks great!!! I've never tried the Black and White method you've done here. I've only preshaded with black. I am going to have to look into this and see how your doing it because its AWESOME!!!!!

Many many thanks my friends!

Now, time to update and finish this kit

A-1.jpg

C.jpg

B-2.jpg

Now, I´ll return to my favorite 1/48 scale!

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back