Iron Man Bust

Biskup

I started work on a new bust. Iron Man from Knight Models company in 1/10 scale. As for a relatively simple form it took me long time to prepare it for painting due to the small imperfections.
And here it is after being painted with automotive primer.
Iron01.jpg
Iron02.jpg
All comments are more then welcome :)

This looks very interesting, I didn't know Knight Models had made an Iron Man bust. I'm however not that impressed by it compared to most of their other sculpts which are insane, it doesn't seem screen accurate which imo is very important on this kind of sculpt where there are no actual facial features. It's obviousely the mk III suit from the studs on the chest and the rounded neck to shoulder guard. It's mainly the eyes that is off I think.

But never mind that, it'll be cool to see how this turns out as a good paintjob might really make this an impressive piece. How are you planning to approach it? True metallics or are you going for the more artistic NMM (non metallic metal) technique they have used on the Knight Models website?

I'll definitely be following this :)

You are 100% right it is far from being impressive.
Honestly if I would pay the full price and buy it directly from Knight Models I would send it back to them asking to send me the finished thing.
This bust looked like it was rushed in to production when the sculpt wasn't yet finished and it took me a while before I prepared it for the final primer coat.

Well will see how it will turn out. I will be painting it with metallic colors and transparent ones. Trying to obtain the candy look :)

Yeah I think I'd have done the same ;D

But anyhow I am looking forward to seeing it with a lick of paint, I have just ordered another iron man kit (on top of the two I ordered last month ::) so I'm really psyched to get to work on them :p

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Lukasz ..Im sure it will turn out a stunner ,like the rest of your work ;)

Chris.

Thank you friends :)
Chris – you are way to kind

Next stage of work on Iron Man.
I painted everything with Metalizer paints from Testors in such a way as to get the already shaded areas.
Iron03.jpg
Iron04.jpg
Then it rubbed it with old toothbrush.
Iron05.jpg
Iron06.jpg
The next step was to ad first color, namely red. Best suited for that would be old Humbrol Red Clear unfortunately I don’t have enough left to paint the whole bust. The choice fell on Red Klar from Revell.
Iron07.jpg
Iron08.jpg
Once red was dry I masked of the mask area and painted it with Golden color from Revell. I then highlighted it with the addition of silver by Testors.
Iron09.jpg
Everything came out a little cold, so I decided to warm it colors by spraying a thin layer of Humbrol Clear Orange.
Iron10.jpg
Iron11.jpg
Now it's time for silver details, which I painted silver color of Vallejo.
Iron12.jpg
To be continued... Soon.

Turned out really good for what you started with.
Myself, I probably would have done a baseof the gold, then shot the clear red over that to get more of the movie look

This ended up looking really good, and the natural metallic scheme takes a bit away from the failed eye sculpt so you can be very proud of this as it looks way better than the painted NMM example on their website :D

Latest posts

Back