[In-Box] Procon Boy Wa Double Action Platinum 03 version 2. (PS-289)

Biskup

For some time I was using some cheap available type of an airbrush which was based on one of older models of Iwata airbrushes. But time has come when the needle and nozzle needed replacing and after checking the price they were ¾ of a price of a new airbrush this type so I started thinking about getting a totally new airbrush. I did some search a on other airbrushes and as it turned out there are many airbrushes available on the market and as many modelers you will find as many opinions. I hade a chance to get a closer look to some Badger and Paasche airbrushes and also one made Mr. Hobby. For me the last one just fell in to my hand in the right place. Just like if it would be made especially for me. Badger and Paasche were too big to have or just there was something that didn’t felt right. I asked around about he Mr. Hobby and all the people I came across which used Mr. Hobby airbrushes were delighted. On of those persons was a forum friend which owns many different type airbrushes and used many more told me that Mr. Hobby are produced in the same place as Iwata airbrushes just the spec are slightly different, quality is almost the same but the difference in price is significant. That decided. I bought Mr. Hobby which has in its offer many different types of airbrushes my only requirements were gravitation container and double function trigger. In my case 0.2 nozzle wasn’t needed as I will be rather painting bigger surfaces. So the choice was made for Procon Boy Wa Double Action Platinum 0.3version 2. (PS-289).
P1010026.jpg
In this package we get a nice box containing airbrush, key for nozzle, hose, valve for a gas tank and instruction in two languages (Japanese and English).
Airbrush is maid at the highest quality Level. The nozzle 0.3 is the same as 0.2 nozzle which I had in the previous airbrush. That means that the airbrush I hade wasn’t made precisely.
P1010028.jpg
Except the double action trigger (I on photo) we also receive build in air presure regulation (II on photo). Which allows for smooth adjusting the amount of air that we want to use it can either be full open or fully closed. Nest great thing is needle deflection regulator (III on photo) which can be set in any position from the point were needle won move at all to point were needle will move freely. This allows us to set the airbrush in such way that we will obtain the same size paint stream.
P1010030.jpg
It’s a good quality for a reasonable price airbrush which is really good for a modeler with some airbrush experience who will be able to use it in its full potential.
If you have any questions feel free to ask on PM or e-mail ([email protected])
Cheers
Lukasz Ziolkowski

Latest posts

Back