[In-Box] AFV Acrylic Techniques & Enamel Weathering Techniques

Biskup

Lately I bought two very interesting DVD’s on model making. AFV Acrylic Techniques produced by Vallejo and Enamel weathering techniques – washes, fading and oils produced by AK interactive. Both of them show work and skills of Mig Jimenez who explains how to obtain most realistic effects in miniature. Each video is a bit over hour long. Both of them are in English with available Spanish subtitles.
DVD.jpg
AFV Acrylic Techniques explains painting, weathering and dusting of a model with use of only acrylic paints. On this DVD you can find chapters like:
1) Intro– shortly explaining all the chapters of this DVD.
2) Base Color – explaining types of surfaces and their use along with Basic camouflage colors and how to highlight them
3) Pin Washes – explains how to apply pin washes which will bring out the details,
4) Chipping – ways of how to make paint chipping and damages to the paint,
5) Fading & Rust – how to make fades on the painted elements and make rusted Ares and streaks,
6) Dust & Dry Mud – explains how to make dust and dry mud on a model,
7) Tracks – way of painting and weathering tracks,
8) Oil, Tools & Details – how to make effects of spilled oil, fuel and ways of painting details.
9) Remember – this chapter highlights of the most important things in previous chapters,
10) The Panzer II – short movie from a reenactment rally featuring Panzer II tank from up close.

In these sections you can see many interesting techniques and how to obtain interesting and realistic effects in our models. Despite the fact that I knew most of the techniques used here I found many interesting information about a better and simpler way of making and applying them.

Enamel weathering techniques – washes, fading and oils,contains many interesting techniques on how to dirty up model in a realistic way with usage of not only products made by AK Interactive. It also shows how you can prepare some mixtures by yourself. This DVD includes such sections as:
1) Intro - discussing the contents of all departments and DVD content,
2) The Differences – this section discusses the difference between filters and washes,
3) Filters – section describes how the imposition and application of filters,
4) Washes – discusses the types washy and how they make them,
5) Fading – section discusses how to perform discoloration of paint on the model,
6) Streaking Effects – discussed here are ways to do water stains on the model and signs of rust after rain,
7) Mud with Enamels – discussed here are ways to make mud on the model using none acrylic paints,
8) Oil Effects – here are discussed implementation of dirt on a model which imitate spilled oil.
Like the previous DVD, on this we will find many interesting techniques that may already be familiar to us. This does not mean that won’t learn something new or interesting, such as better or faster way of obtaining desired effect.

In conclusion, I strongly recommend both items they will be good for novice modelers and very advanced ones. Techniques presented on these discs can be used not only on tanks and armored vehicles but also on other types of models such as airplanes, ships, figures etc.

If you have any questions feel free to ask on PM or e-mail ([email protected])
Cheers
Lukasz Ziolkowski

these are great i also have the one for winter techinques, i like to have a look at them before teh weathering stages just to make sure im doing it right.

I have 3 videos of those... and they are worth every penny.... to see that stuff happening right in front of your eyes... demystify the whole thing...

Great for Beginners and Advance modelers... alike !

Thanks for this Review...

Awesome !

Latest posts

Back