I got a Woody (Ford)

nnygamer

Last year I finally found one of my favorite cars, a 1929 Woody. evilbay was the only place I could find it and it cost about as much as a new kit when adding in shipping. Being used it was missing atires so I scrounged around for a set that matched (mostly).
I've been working slow on it the past week trying to correct a few mistakes in the design. Overall it's not a great kit, the mold halves were off by almost 2mm making for some terrible parts. I'm not going for accuracy but I do want it to look good. I've lowered the front and rear so they look better, adding some brake lins and a few details to make it all look more realistic. I'll get more pics soon, all I have is a crappy camera.
woodybox.jpg

A little detailing done, finally got to take some crappy pics.
The lowered front end, I cut a small chunk of a used gift card to lower the front wheels about 1/8" so it loked better. The box really shows how the front end looks without modification.

Woody001.jpg
The underside of the back showing the brake lines. I used silver tape to simulate the brackets holding them in place. The wire is copper colored aluminum scavenged from a dead monitor degaussing coil.

Woody002.jpg
The original brake cylinder was quite simple, adding some plastic circles (cut using a rotary leather punch) and a small chunk of plastic underneath.
Woody003.jpg

Rear end before removing leaf spring
Woody004.jpg

Rear end after replacing leaf spring w/ tiny coil springs
Woody005.jpg

Latest posts

Back