How posable are Macross mechs?

AKE

I have an idea to build a well weathered Robotech-Macross battleroid-transforming jet-robot thingy-guy. Can someone tell me how easy it is to pose the kits? I am thinking of a kneeling position if possible.

The cyclone that I built for the contest and the old veritech I build eons ago were almost action figure like in pose ability, careful though some of the joints were a little fragile and figure on a base, it will unbalance easily otherwise.

I agree with Jeep, some of them are really easy to pose in a certain way, but the joints are weak. They are not toys and take care when moving them.

Also with some of them, if you are not careful, the joints will be too loose, and it won't hold a pose.

You also have to be careful of the brand of the kit.

I was thinking of a newer kit Wave released recently, figuring newer kit = better quality. I plan to glue it solid. I am not that into making kits into movable action figs. Just more concerned if the knee and hip could be positioned without cutting away a huge chunk of plastic or looking freaky. Thanks!

Ah. Never thought about scale. I don't want to work on anything too big. About 8 inches at most. What would you suggest?

I'm dying to get my hands on one of the new Bandai 1/72 Messiah kits which promise to not only be poseable, but fully transformable!

Latest posts

Back