how do you paimnt lips?

ridgers22

metal up your ass
Hey guys was wondering if any off you figure painters can help me out. Does anyone know how to paint lips realisticly tryed several times and failed :(

what scale are you painting in? i started painting 1/35th figures and for me, i use the skin tone with a slight touch of red to paint lips.

for bigger scales i think there would be more blending, highlights, etc. to achieve good effect

i use Panzer aces highlight and shadow mixed to give me a nice purplish tone with that done you can lighten it again and do some lightening of the lower lip. but if its 1/35th there is no need,

Like Andrei, I used flesh with the slightest bit of red added (Mussini-Schminke oils, but I don't recall the specific labels, I'll have to check). Look around at people you see, and in different kinds of light, you'll see there's not one consistent color. Andrei's point about scale is a good one, too.

As long as you're doing faces, here's a tip--you can reproduce five o'clock shadow, too, with flesh and a little bit of dark blue added.

I'd have to say Dave covered this rather well and far beyond the call of duty with an incredilbe video, kudos Dave. That is one excellent SBS to follow and this should cover your question well. I'm an oiler and would come from a different angle, so to avoid the possobility of a muttle, follow the video and have fun at it. It's all about fun and learning from every project you set out to do, as you already know. Please let us know how it goes, we'd love to see it. I'm always intersted in how you acrylic "addicts" get er done, lol.

Cheers, Ski.

This is an amazing video wish i watched it before but i will defo be using the techneques on my next figure :)

Thanks Guys!! More tutorials are available on Last Cavalry TV: http://shop.lastcavalry.com/lctv/
Filming part 3 of this series this week and it will feature the painting and weathering of the castle wall and door. This series has been a lot of fun and I have never worked on such a large figure!

Latest posts

Back