How do I use Mr. Hobby - Mr BASE WHITE 1000

Bouryaki

Remember, "Lifes the Journey, Not the destination"
I am currently building -
- normal plastic model kits
- painting soldiers such as Conte, Army Men or similar and
- 54mm metal figures.

I am having a problem with paint 'rubbing off' the soldiers in particular so I went to a local hobby shop and was advised to get some Mr Hobby, Mr Base White 1000 up to use as an undercoat. It is an unusual texture but is extremely smooth when dry, although it is hard to apply evenly with a brush.

I'm not totally convinced that I'm using it correctly and have had difficulty finding any information on how/when to use it and I can't read the instructions on the jar (Only in Japanese). Appreciate any help on this topic.

Thanks,

I use it to fill shallow seams. I just brush it on out of the bottle. I have been told you can spray it if you thin it with Lacquer thinner but have never tried it.

If the plastic soldiers are made of polyethylene or polypropylene plastics, the paint will likely not adhere to the surface. Both polyethylene and polypropylene are materials with very low surface energy; fluid do not "wet" the surface - kind of like how water beads on the hood of a newly waxed car. High surface energy materials have better adhesion to glues, tapes and paints. I use a polyethylene tray for mixing my paints at home for this reason, paint does not adhere to it and it is very easy to clean out after the fact.

Jmac

Latest posts

Back