Holbein Airbrushes?!

I might take you up on one of those H&S airbrushes, Scott. I just got an e-mail from the art store I bought the Passche from, telling me that I'll need to pay taxes and duties on it. How much? We'll see. So much for the $117 3 nozzle Talon set...

After letting the disassembled Holbein soak in restorer overnight, I gave it a good scrubbing to get the last bits of dried paint off. Sprayed some food coloring with a touch of detergent in it at about 25 PSI, just to see how it would work. Lots of sputtering, air & colour leaking from the nozzle, some air leaking back into the paint cup, and a turbulent spray pattern. I adjusted the needle position, which took care of most of the sputtering and air backing into the cup, but I still get colour & air leak from the nozzle sides and turbulent spray. As well, I still get a little colour leaking out with air only through the trigger. I still need to straighten the needle (didn't have time to do that) so hopefully that'll fix the turbulent spray.

I'll look up airbrush troubleshooting on YouTube to see what fixes there are for my problems. Still lots of time to sort this out, and likely get another airbrush in the meantime! But no more work on it for a bit; off to a conference in Vegas for the weekend!

Sounds like maybe the seals in both the nozzle and the needle need to be replaced. If they aren't perfect, they can leak fluid, which can effect the air. Not sure if parts are still made for that one or not, but hopefully their newer ones use the same seals.

Coincidentally...while looking for the Holbein ABs, their new ones look remarkably similar to the ones GREX sells. I would be willing to bet that GREX brushes are made by Holbein.

sorry to take it off topic.

question for Elm City Hobbies, can you order parts for a Colani? I checked on your site didn't see anything for it. I need a new nozzle and my local hobby shop cant get parts for Harder & steenbeck

StyreneStylist said:
sorry to take it off topic.

question for Elm City Hobbies, can you order parts for a Colani? I checked on your site didn't see anything for it. I need a new nozzle and my local hobby shop cant get parts for Harder & steenbeck

Yeah, I can get any of the H&S parts. Shoot me an e-mail or PM

Latest posts

Back