Hilarious Vader Figure

Jdog71

Ni!
Just opened a kit from the late 80's and found this guy...

VaderNorieaga.jpg

He's like a mutation of Vader and Manuel Noriega with a bad hangover.

Ah yes, the Darth Vader figure from the Tie Fighter kit. I had thatkit when it was new.

When they re-issue the kit a few years ago, one guy at ARC did a vignette with that figure of Vader sitting on the commode.

Yeah, I think I'll permanently seal the hatch on this one when its done. Vader needs his privacy..and some high fiber cereal.

I remember that one, too. When I was a kid and built the kit, I don't think I paid much attention to it, since once the kit was done, you couldn't see much of him through the windows.

I do remember being a bit disappointed that, at that time, the only TIE fighter kit was Vader's. I wanted the regular fighter to go with the X-wing in my bookshelf diorama. By the time model manufacturers starting coming out with more subjects, I'd left modeling behind for college.

At the time I did mine, which was WAYYYYY back in the 80s, there really wasn't an option, other than trying to build on from scratch.
I figured that you couldn't really see him, so it didn't really bother me too much.

What DID bug me was the fact that the X-wing and DVT were TOTALLY different scales.
Just like the Viper and Raider that were out around the same time.

Found some company for constipated Vader...monkey-armed snow speeder pilots. Their arms are longer than their legs. Looking forward to picking up some Fine Molds versions of these models after I get my skills up to par.

IMG_9959sm.jpg

Someone here? Or at starship modelers Forum did use an action figure which was much better and still
In scale with the AMT Tie X1 or close enough !

Remember! Companies were rushing models outin the late 70's-80's and their ILM licenses "were" and "are" limiting the level of details we can enjoy!

But this guy is one of the worse! often set aside ! And for good reasons!

Norm.

Latest posts

Back