Hi from TN.

rhlee

Hi,
My name is Rick. Like many here I am coming back to modeling after being away for 50 years. I never really got good at it but I did have alot of fun gluing the models together. This time I hope to learn to do it right. I have a few level 2 model kits I bought around 20 years ago. This should get me started again. I look forward to hearing some recommendations about how to learn techniques for painting, filling, etc. Any good books for "beginners.

I bought these on sale dirt cheap at Walmart around 20 years ago. I will probably start with the 67 plymouth because I like the car. I also like planes and ships. When I was a kid I started a huge model of the USS Constitution but never finished it. I bought a vintage kit of the USS Constitution some years back and will build this if I can develop some skills.
xj6yJQ.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20211115002.jpg

Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to the Herd, Rick!
Yeah, those are some classic kits and good ones to start with for anyone returning to the hobby. I look forward to seeing your builds!
Remember, too, to have fun-that's the whole point today, as much as it was when we were kids.

Latest posts

Back