Hi from Peter.

Peter54

Started modelling a few years ago, for a year, and then stopped. Now I miss it and want to start over again.

My first model was a scratch built maritime diorama, and huge (1225 x 2400mm), and I worked on it for a year.
The model was not mine, but I volunteered to build it for a local non-profit based museum.
I built it in my lounge room and as soon I was finished with it, it went to the museum.
Suddenly my lounge room and my role as modeller became vacant. It's not a good feeling.
I silently grieved to both others and myself, I was in denial... until this very moment.

My goal is to build a model which, after completion, I can spend time playing with it.
So I decided to scratch-build a sci-fi diorama, including and utilize a small scale railway system to play with it.
I plan to present this in two sub-forums:
  1. The Sci-fi section for all the different sci-fi models involved.
  2. The Diorama section for the platform for these sci-fi models.
I sure hope this idea will meet with this forum's approval.

Started modelling a few years ago, for a year, and then stopped. Now I miss it and want to start over again.

My first model was a scratch built maritime diorama, and huge (1225 x 2400mm), and I worked on it for a year.
The model was not mine, but I volunteered to build it for a local non-profit based museum.
I built it in my lounge room and as soon I was finished with it, it went to the museum.
Suddenly my lounge room and my role as modeller became vacant. It's not a good feeling.
I silently grieved to both others and myself, I was in denial... until this very moment.

My goal is to build a model which, after completion, I can spend time playing with it.
So I decided to scratch-build a sci-fi diorama, including and utilize a small scale railway system to play with it.
I plan to present this in two sub-forums:
  1. The Sci-fi section for all the different sci-fi models involved.
  2. The Diorama section for the platform for these sci-fi models.
I sure hope this idea will meet with this forum's approval.
Hi, welcome to the heard. Really looking forward to your build, been a scfi nut since my youth.
Pantherman

Yes - Welcome aboard and YES, SciFi is most certainly appreciated and welcomed here-in, within this Forum [so says] the SciFi nerd - military nerd - car nerd, guy. AND this is truly one of the neatest group of folk's, in the realm of modeling.

Welcome to the Herd, Peter! I'm looking forward to looking at that thread and to seeing more of what you build!

Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back