Hi All

brian

Hi All
Thought i would say hello.
Just getting back into the hobby after a few years of absence. Id really like to concentrate on Figures but gave up last time due to frustration, just couldnt get the faces right. Anyways, hoping to give it another go, been looking at chris's builds on the site and i must say, absolutely fantastic, if i could get mine half as good, would be very pleased.
Also, going to try the oils this time round and see what happens, might just be what is needed, or i just havent got the knack,

Cheers
Brian

Like I've been told on here from many people that are experienced builders. Keep on plugging and when you get frustrated sit it down, take a walk and come back later on to give it another try. Practice makes perfect. Welcome back to the hobby. Im new to this and am absolutely in love with styrene.

Welcome aboard, and never be afraid to make some mistakes along the way to that "perfect" build

Welcome bro! Awesome name, too! ;D

Take it easy and Keep Building!

Brian
Atomicdog ;D

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to getting back into it, seems im at the right place for friendly advice.
cheers
Brian

Hi Brian ,welcome to SMA . And thank you for the compliments ,very nice indeed :)

Chris.

Hi, Brian, welcome to the herd!

Regarding painting figures, do keep at it, as every has said, practice is everything. If there's any mistake we all make, it's starting a project and never finishing :D

If you do get used to oils, you can achieve some very subtle effects. You can also get very good results with acrylics, and there are painters who prefer one or the other, and some who use both. Oils have the advantage that they take a long time to dry, which allows you to adjust shading and the boundaries between colors by blending. Acrylics have the advantage that they dry quickly, so you can finish faster, and build up your shading by adding thin layers of thinned paint.

Looking forward to seeing anything that you're working on, figures or ordnance or otherwise!
Brad

Thanks Brad and to all others.
Currently just buying in the tools needed, I binned or passed on most of my paints/tools etc last time i did modelling, could kick myself, just had to purchase a new airbrush/compressor etc etc, but needs must and looking forward to getting back into it.
cheers
Brian

Latest posts

Back