Help! Mercedes North American model W123 1976-1985

Drpepeprz

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a kit to make this model:
386323_10151211407116282_915951292_n_zpsc13b6e85.jpg

i want the North American model with the round head lights, anyone have an idea if anyone makes it?

Thanks!

Not sure about that exact version of it. But I know Revell Germany has had one similar to that on the market on and off over the last 10yrs or so.

Honestly not many companies are doing main steam vehicles like that anymore. Costs to make it (including tool development and licensing, because of course Mercedes wants money to use their car), vs how many they will sell, it just doesn't make it worth it.

If it isn't a Porsche 911, Ferrari, Corvette, Mustang or Camaro, you just aren't going to see them made.

Heck the last modern pickup truck to hit the market was 2002 I believe. Personally think that the Ford Raptor at least would be a huge seller, nevermind the more run of the mill Ford, GM, Dodge and Toyota pickups. The cost of licensing and tool development vs how many they can sell are the real factors in it.

Is also why we don't see new NASCAR kits being made. There you run into licensing to the car maker, Nascar and the team the kit is portraying. I know Revell had made some rumblings about new Nascar stuff, and put some feelers out, but haven't heard anything else since. Hoping maybe an announcement at IHobby in a couple of weeks, but we will see.

Guess i'll look on Evil Bay!! I've seen the European model on there before only visible difference is the big square headlights instead of 2 round ones on each side, should be easy to scratch build something to convert it

Latest posts

Back