Hello from New Jersey

Mr.FT

Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into modeling after a 30 year break, Work gets in the way of everything! I'm for the time being concentrating on muscle cars kits, as I enjoyed restoring the full size ones for many years. i'm going to have some questions as I go and an looking forward to contributing on this board.

Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into modeling after a 30 year break, Work gets in the way of everything! I'm for the time being concentrating on muscle cars kits, as I enjoyed restoring the full size ones for many years. i'm going to have some questions as I go and an looking forward to contributing on this board.
Hi Mr FT, welcome. This is a great place to be, loads of advice here and a friendly amount of constructive comments to help you if needed. Looking forward to seeing your work.
Pantherman

Howdy and Welcome! Hot Rods... A modeler after my own heart. Ask away and we'll answer away.

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd, Mr FT! Whereabouts in New Jersey are you located? I'm in Bethlehem PA, and I belong to the Delaware Valley Scale Modelers, who meet monthly in Philly. And we have a club here in the Lehigh Valley, too, the Lehigh Valley Scale Modelers, meeting every other Wednesday. If you've never visited either club, you really should. We'd be glad to meet you!

If you use Facebook, both clubs use Facebook groups as their forums, too.

Best regards,
Brad

Hi Brad, I'm located in central NJ Bordentown and just got back into building models again. I will look at the facebook pages of the clubs, neither are very close to me. I may drop in at one of the meetings in the future as time permits. Thanks for responding and looking forward to meeting you one day.

Hi Brad, I'm located in central NJ Bordentown and just got back into building models again. I will look at the facebook pages of the clubs, neither are very close to me. I may drop in at one of the meetings in the future as time permits. Thanks for responding and looking forward to meeting you one day.
Sure thing!

There's also a Central New Jersey IPMS club, who meet in Point Pleasant Beach. I know some of the people in that club, because they were or still are members of DVSM. John Stark, their president, for example. It's worth reaching out to them, too.

One more (shameless) plug-I also belong to the MFCA, the Miniature Figure Collectors of America. We host an annual show, which includes ordnance besides figures of all genres. That's coming up May 5 and 6, in the Radisson Philadelphia-North East, in Bensalem, just about a mile below the Bensalem turnpike exit. We have a Facewbook group, but we also meet in person on the last Sunday of every month, at AAA Hobbies in Magnolia. AAA is a great place, and you find yourself there on the last Sunday of the month, join our meeting!

Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back