Hello Community!

Marktastrophe

Hello everyone, I'm excited to have found a scale model community that appears to actually be a community!
Had to leave the Toxic exclusive cool kids clubs on FB a while ago. And I found a nice little place in Insta, but I'm looking forward to stepping out of the algorithm crafter bubble there.

I've spent a good amount of time building Gundam Models, but I'm starting to trend heavy towards Sci-Fi and Cars.
(As I start posting you will see that I still love me some JDM, specifically Honda, kits)

I did want to take this introduction as an opportunity to share the last project I completed that I have some pride in:
B16 powered autonomation

And to turn you all onto the Cerulean Project, which anyone can participate in at the end of this year!

Nanu, nanu, Mork! Welcome to the Herd!
Have you ever looked at any Maschinen Krieger kits, too?

Best regards,
Brad

Baron!
I haven't given too much attention to them. (for the longest time I assumed they were resin based on price, and wrote them off for my lack of experience with resin).
At the moment I'm sticking entirely for my backlog and only buying accessories and paints as needed. Trying to tighten the belt and use what I've already invested in, lol.

(It's hardly the same, but I do have a Mechatro Wego kit on the stack)

Welcome to the community.

Looking forward to seeing som build threads.

...At the moment I'm sticking entirely for my backlog and only buying accessories and paints as needed. Trying to tighten the belt and use what I've already invested in, lol.
A wise strategy! I hope you can keep it going ;) Most of us give in to the siren song of accumulating a stash. "I don't build kits, I rent them!"

Yeah I have roughly 30 kits of various scales, and like ~5 at various stages of completion. The trick is to live somewhere with a basement or spare building space, and to set them up a few to a shelf so you feel like your at a small hobby shop when your choosing your next kit!

Edit: Spelling

A wise strategy! I hope you can keep it going ;) Most of us give in to the siren song of accumulating a stash. "I don't build kits, I rent them!"
You mean you have to open the box and put all that stuff inside together somehow? How would you do that? I mean I dropped one once and all this stuff fell out... But it didn't make any sense to me so I just put it back and figured it must be broken or something.

Latest posts

Back