Hasegawa 1/48 A6M3 Zero Type 22

Elm City Hobbies

Well now that the voting for the contest is over, I can post the finished pictures of this without fear of influencing the voting.

This was built for our War in the Pacific theme at our last CAMS show back in May, and was entered into the All Open category for the SMA Big Spring Contest.

Kit was build OOB, with the exception of the guns and pitot tube, which are from Master Barrels. Painted 100% with Vallejo. And used the hairspray method for the chipping effect.

Enjoy!

IMG_4570-vi.jpg

IMG_4571-vi.jpg

IMG_4572-vi.jpg

IMG_4573-vi.jpg

IMG_4574-vi.jpg

Thats a great job Scott ,love the finish .You just have to chip these things dont ya . Funny myself and Rob (Scratchmod ) were just talking about Zeros ...we both fancy doing one ;D.

Chris.

love it, gives it that used effect, reminds me of the paint on the KI-84 Franks, after the war started to wind down, the Japanese paint was cheaper and its adhesives where not as good, so the paint would chip easily, well done.

Well it was a common thing seen on Japanese aircraft, especially ones around salt water and such that got used alot. Something about the combination of the kind of paint they used and the environment and use the aircraft got, that the paint wore through to the bare aluminum quite easily.

In my opinion, it is a little heavy handed on the chipping, but think it looks OK none the less

Elm City Hobbies said:
Well it was a common thing seen on Japanese aircraft, especially ones around salt water and such that got used alot. Something about the combination of the kind of paint they used and the environment and use the aircraft got, that the paint wore through to the bare aluminum quite easily.

In my opinion, it is a little heavy handed on the chipping, but think it looks OK none the less

looks fine too me.

Latest posts

Back