Harder & Steenbeck

geegad

just wondered if any of you lads have used one of these airbrushes.im looking at getting another airbrush ive herd there on a par with iwata which i have a couple just interested in trying another company thanks for any help

Hey there Geegad,

That is what I use and sell in my shop. Nothing better in my opinion.

Depends on what you are looking to spend, but their top end Infinity is on par (or better in my opinion) to the Iwata Micron series. .15mm needle/nozzle, smallest in the business that I know of. And if you get the 2n1, it comes with the 5ml cup, as well as the .4mm needle/nozzle to go with the 2ml cup and .15mm needle/nozzle of the solo.

Their Evolution and Evolution Silverline series is very nice as well, really can't go wrong with any of their airbrushes, and all the parts from the Evolution and Infinity series are interchangeable, so if you don't want to spend the money on the top of the line Infinity right away, you can get an Evolution and add the Infinity parts to it down the road. Ends up being more expensive in the end, but you don't have to spend it all out at once if you don't have the cash saved up to get the Infinity.

If you have any other questions about them, please don't hesitate to ask, they are really a top quality airbrush, very easy to clean, needing no tools to break it down.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey there Geegad,

That is what I use and sell in my shop. Nothing better in my opinion.

Depends on what you are looking to spend, but their top end Infinity is on par (or better in my opinion) to the Iwata Micron series. .15mm needle/nozzle, smallest in the business that I know of. And if you get the 2n1, it comes with the 5ml cup, as well as the .4mm needle/nozzle to go with the 2ml cup and .15mm needle/nozzle of the solo.

Their Evolution and Evolution Silverline series is very nice as well, really can't go wrong with any of their airbrushes, and all the parts from the Evolution and Infinity series are interchangeable, so if you don't want to spend the money on the top of the line Infinity right away, you can get an Evolution and add the Infinity parts to it down the road. Ends up being more expensive in the end, but you don't have to spend it all out at once if you don't have the cash saved up to get the Infinity.

If you have any other questions about them, please don't hesitate to ask, they are really a top quality airbrush, very easy to clean, needing no tools to break it down.
i was looking around 200 mark ive got the iwata eclipse at the mo and i really do wish it had interchageable cups one of the reasons i was looking at the Infinity model..so thanks for your advise and i will most def look at that model thanks again

I have the Evolution Solo as my primary a/b, its awesome, one of the best workign airbrushes I have used. Easy to us, easy to clean. it will need to have some of the internal o rings replaced once in a while for best performance.

O ring performance is based on they type of paint and thinners used. I believe H&S has converted fully to teflon, or teflon coated rings now, so there is less of a chance of hotter thinners eating them up.

Acrylics, well I haven't change the rings in my Infinity since I have gotten it, and they are still like new (maybe that is a sign I should paint more).

Geegad, if you are looking at around $200, they make an Evolution Silverline 2n1 fPc.

http://www.germanairbrush.com/evolution_silverline_2in1_fpc.html

Biggest difference between the Evolution, and the Silverline is that the Silverline adds the knob at the back that you can screw down, to limit your trigger travel, so say if you want the same thin line every time, you can screw the stop in and the needle will only come back that far. The Silverline fPc adds the fPc valve to the air stem, basically giving you fingertip control of your air pressure, instead of having to adjust it at your compressor. So basically set your compressor to say 30psi, and then just adjust the air valve on the airbrush.

The Silverline 2n1 fPc also comes with the .15mm needle/nozzle (as well as the .4mm) instead of the .2mm that is found in the Evolution 2n1, and the regular Silverline 2n1. The Silverline 2n1 fPc I sell for $206.75, and you end up saving about $30-$40 over buying the Solo and then adding the other parts. The reg. Silverline 2n1 is $186, so for an extra $20, they replace the .2mm, with the .15mm, and throw in the fPc valve which is about a $48 value if purchased separately.

The Infinity Solo runs about the same price as the Silverline 2n1 fPc, and the Infinity 2n1 is about $275. It also has the trigger limiter, but instead of having to screw the knob in and out, you set the limiter to where you want it, and push the button in to lock it, when you want full travel of the trigger, instead of screwing it back out, you just pull off the lock. It is a little more convenient than screwing the knob in and out on the Silverline, but does the same job.

Elm City Hobbies said:
O ring performance is based on they type of paint and thinners used. I believe H&S has converted fully to teflon, or teflon coated rings now, so there is less of a chance of hotter thinners eating them up.

Acrylics, well I haven't change the rings in my Infinity since I have gotten it, and they are still like new (maybe that is a sign I should paint more).

Geegad, if you are looking at around $200, they make an Evolution Silverline 2n1 fPc.

http://www.germanairbrush.com/evolution_silverline_2in1_fpc.html

Biggest difference between the Evolution, and the Silverline is that the Silverline adds the knob at the back that you can screw down, to limit your trigger travel, so say if you want the same thin line every time, you can screw the stop in and the needle will only come back that far. The Silverline fPc adds the fPc valve to the air stem, basically giving you fingertip control of your air pressure, instead of having to adjust it at your compressor. So basically set your compressor to say 30psi, and then just adjust the air valve on the airbrush.

The Silverline 2n1 fPc also comes with the .15mm needle/nozzle (as well as the .4mm) instead of the .2mm that is found in the Evolution 2n1, and the regular Silverline 2n1. The Silverline 2n1 fPc I sell for $206.75, and you end up saving about $30-$40 over buying the Solo and then adding the other parts. The reg. Silverline 2n1 is $186, so for an extra $20, they replace the .2mm, with the .15mm, and throw in the fPc valve which is about a $48 value if purchased separately.

The Infinity Solo runs about the same price as the Silverline 2n1 fPc, and the Infinity 2n1 is about $275. It also has the trigger limiter, but instead of having to screw the knob in and out, you set the limiter to where you want it, and push the button in to lock it, when you want full travel of the trigger, instead of screwing it back out, you just pull off the lock. It is a little more convenient than screwing the knob in and out on the Silverline, but does the same job.
sorry bud but ment but £200/250 pounds.. go for the best and they last you..are the parts as easy to get hold of as in the case of the iwata there everywhere..????

Ahhh well in that case then yes, the Infinity 2n1 is right up your alley.

Parts shouldn't be that hard to find, any place that sells the airbrushes, should at least have the normal replacement parts like seals and needles.

There are 2 types of Infinity airbrushes as well, one is their regular Infinity, and one is called the Infinity CR. The only real difference is the CR airbrushes go through a third plating process of chrome. Apparently when they were only nickel plated, some people have an allergic reaction from the sweat on their hands to the nickel, so they came out with the CR, which puts a layer of chrome over the nickel.

I guess you could call it an hypo-allergenic airbrush! LOL

It is a bit more money, and I think H&S are headed in the direction that all of their airbrushes will have this chrome coating eventually, but for now you can still get the regular Infinity without the chrome coating if don't have an allergy to nickel.

Sorry to cut in on this this thread with my own questions, but I'm also in the market for a Harder & Steenbeck airbrush. I've been eyeing the Infinity 2 in 1 but it seems it's constantly sold out online everywhere. Or the sites that are listed as authorised dealers don't exist or only sell their own product.

Anyone in Toronto selling H&S at a brick and mortar store?

unttld said:
Sorry to cut in on this this thread with my own questions, but I'm also in the market for a Harder & Steenbeck airbrush. I've been eyeing the Infinity 2 in 1 but it seems it's constantly sold out online everywhere. Or the sites that are listed as authorised dealers don't exist or only sell their own product.

I normally have them in stock, but ended up selling all 3 airbrushes I had in the last week or so. Restock coming around the 18th. I would gladly add an Infinity to the list for you. Not in Toronto, but in New Brunswick. No other dealers in Canada that actually carry them in stock. There are a few others in Canada listed on the H&S website, but they never seem to have them listed.

If you would like more info, shoot me a PM, or send me an e-mail @ [email protected]

Elm City Hobbies said:
unttld said:

I normally have them in stock, but ended up selling all 3 airbrushes I had in the last week or so. Restock coming around the 18th. I would gladly add an Infinity to the list for you. Not in Toronto, but in New Brunswick. No other dealers in Canada that actually carry them in stock. There are a few others in Canada listed on the H&S website, but they never seem to have them listed.

If you would like more info, shoot me a PM, or send me an e-mail @ [email protected]

That'd be rad, thanks! (I'll shoot you a PM about getting you to get one for me, just thought I'd ask questions out in the open in case others had the same questions, or want to know what to expect when they spec out the same system).

1 - Are the solo and the 2-in-1 the same base? Just pricing it out and to get the Solo, plus all the additional bits that the 2-in-1 has (5ml cup, .4 nozzle and needle, distance cap) is cheaper then just getting the 2-in-1.

2 - I have two Iwata compressors (Power Jet Pro, and the tiny noisy shaky Ninja Jet that I've named Captain Shaky) and I like generally use the quick dis/connect adapters. Do I need any H&S to Iwata adapters?

3 - You list the cup lids separately from the cups, do the cups not ship with a lid? Do the cups that ship with the airbrushes have a lid?

4 - I currently use an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS (.35mm nozzle/needle [convertible to .5mm] and a 9ml cup), and will probably continue to use it for priming and basing. Does the 2-in-1 make sense, or does the Solo make more sense?

Cheers,
Derek.

unttld said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
unttld said:

That'd be rad, thanks! (I'll shoot you a PM about getting you to get one for me, just thought I'd ask questions out in the open in case others had the same questions, or want to know what to expect when they spec out the same system).

1 - Are the solo and the 2-in-1 the same base? Just pricing it out and to get the Solo, plus all the additional bits that the 2-in-1 has (5ml cup, .4 nozzle and needle, distance cap) is cheaper then just getting the 2-in-1.

2 - I have two Iwata compressors (Power Jet Pro, and the tiny noisy shaky Ninja Jet that I've named Captain Shaky) and I like generally use the quick dis/connect adapters. Do I need any H&S to Iwata adapters?

3 - You list the cup lids separately from the cups, do the cups not ship with a lid? Do the cups that ship with the airbrushes have a lid?

4 - I currently use an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS (.35mm nozzle/needle [convertible to .5mm] and a 9ml cup), and will probably continue to use it for priming and basing. Does the 2-in-1 make sense, or does the Solo make more sense?

Cheers,
Derek.

Quick and easy answers.

1. Solo and 2n1 are the same airbrush, depending on which 2n1 you are talking about, depends on what parts you get. But lets say the Evolution. Solo is $130, 2n1 is $178. You get the .4mm needle/nozzle and the 5ml cup with the 2n1 over what comes with the Solo. 5ml cup separately is about $9, and the .4mm needle/nozzle set is about $48.50. So if you were to buy the Solo and add on the other 2 parts separately, it would cost you $187.50, about $10 more.

2. Harder & Steenbeck use the same fittings as Iwata, so everything fits perfectly, and all H&S airbrushes come with the quick connect already, or it can be taken off and the hose screwed right to the AB....but if you have the QC system already, then it is a no brainer.

3. Lids for the cups are separate, H&S feel that they aren't a necessary part of the airbrush. I have used mine for a few years, thought I would make a mess without the lids, but have never spilled a drop, you really don't need the lids to be honest, just something about how the cups and paint chamber are shaped that you really have to be moving around with some velocity to actually spill anything. Of course if you fill the cup to the rim, then you will of course spill something. But for those that need more than 5ml of paint at a time, there is a separate 15ml cup that can be purchased.

4. All a 2n1 is going to do over the solo if you already have an Iwata with a .35mm, is give you a slightly larger needle at .4mm. Keep in mind however, the Solo airbrushes also only come with the 2ml paint cup, but you could always go for the Solo airbrush, and purchase the 5ml paint cup separately.

Thanks
Scott

Cool. I'm eyeing the Infinity. Thinking the Solo, then add additional upgrades as needed. I see you have the Quick nipples and couplings for Badger brushes and hoses and the H&S nipple. Do you have any of the female end for the hoses? I see you have hoses w/ the adapter built in.

ps. no idea why I'm asking so many questions. I'm already sold on the product. :/

look forward to seeing your work with your new airbrush...probably wont get mine till my b-day so tell us whats its like

unttld said:
Cool. I'm eyeing the Infinity. Thinking the Solo, then add additional upgrades as needed. I see you have the Quick nipples and couplings for Badger brushes and hoses and the H&S nipple. Do you have any of the female end for the hoses? I see you have hoses w/ the adapter built in.

ps. no idea why I'm asking so many questions. I'm already sold on the product. :/

Yes I carry the nipples and adapters for the Badger airbrushes and for Iwatas. Iwata and H&S are all the same fittings. Just depends on what hose you have and are using now. I can get the hose adapter for both Iwata hoses as well as Badger hoses, and the QC nipple for just about any airbrush out there, so no need to buy a new hose, just a couple of fittings. They even make one for Iwata hoses with a built in air pressure adjustment knob.

About the only thing they don't have is a QC adapter for Paasche hoses unfortunately. But they can be had from Paasche directly, as well as the odd EBay seller.

Latest posts

Back