German Waffen SS Bust.

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi all ,
Im planning on starting another bust shortly ,which I will do a full blog for here ,But in the meantime I thought I'd share this one with you .It was done a while ago and is a Young Miniatures bust ,which ,if you havent tried them are first class ,beautifully sculpted and moulded .
I've tried to give this chap a cold and damp look as he's set in the Ardennes '44' the camo doesnt show to well in the pics ,but thats because the smock has been painted to look damp and therefore darker than normal .....Anyhoo , here he is .
figs001.jpg

figs008.jpg

figs003.jpg

All coments and criticisms welcome ,Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks fella, I love painting figures (in between things ! ) I dont limit myself to one era or type of figure ,I'll paint a figure if I like the look of it so I've got all sorts of stuff !! ::) Doin Captain Jack Sparrow at the mo ;D

Chris.

Good Job !

Lookin good.

Question: To achieve th damp look , did you give th bust a lot of Grey washes ?

I like th weathering on th helmet cover !

Nice one :)
I like the way you've painted the face and shaded the helmet cover.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks fella's ,Im glad you like it ,I'll be starting an Indian bust shortly and I'll explain my techniques through the blog ...if there's interest :p

Panzer Ace ...I initially painted the camo slightly darker and with muted colours after shading etc a very thin wash of grey was applied ,followed by a Satin clearcoat ,my first attempt at something like that ,but I think it worked ok ???

Chris.

CHEERS !! Rock-On ! I'd say you nailed it !!

battle1x-1.jpg

poteau-2.jpg

Zasadzka20w20Poteau2028129-1.jpg

Zasadzka20w20Poteau20281529-1.jpg

No doubt th Bust was inspired by the Soldiers in Kampf Grouppe Hansen ! Ambush at Poteau/Ardennes Offensive !!

Again Great Job !!

I'll be lookin for you next Build !!

PanzerAce ,Thanks again buddy ,and cheers for the pics ...yeah it looks like thats probably where the idea came from ,great pics ;D

Mark ,Thanks fella ...no need to be jealous ,I think you're doin just fine yourself ;)

Starting another one very soon chaps ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back