German Waffen Grenadier

i have this camo to paint on my Tank crew, what brown did you use for a base

hi spud, i used Vallejo 70826 German Camo Medium Brown and lightened it with a light grey to make it a little less saturated. the orange brown was also a custom mix. sorry i dont have precise measurements, i just did it by eye!

Andrei, very nice work, Figures are something I have never done but want to. It's very helpful when guys like you post how they do. Please if possible always include what paints, brushes, stuff like that. Makes it easier for people like me to duplicate;D

thanks a lot Roy! i must admit im still an amateur at figure painting as well, but ill try posting some more detail next time!

cool, i do have the colors buts its the base color i couldn't figure out.

Very nice figure painting work you have done here. Neat white parka. How did you paint that? With a base of lightgrey?

thank you Robert! youre spot on about the parka, i used a light grey for base, a slightly darker grey for shadow, and pure white for highlights. its a tip i learned from somewhere (i dont remember where though)

hi all, i finally found some bench time between studies and got the figure mounted to a little base. i used Vallejo Sandy Paste for the dirt to which i painted AK Interactive mud products. Then i added some grass tufts from MiniNatur and a spare Flak magazine from my Flakpanzer I build. Finally i painted some thinned white glue and sprinkled on Treemendus snow for this result:

DSC_5193_zps0d3d5d53.jpg

DSC_5195_zps120b7fb5.jpg

all thats left wil be painting the rifle and equipment, and also painting the edge of the base. thanks for looking!

at last the figure is done! it was quite difficult to get the rifle in place, especially because i was fighting the strap (made of masking tape) to try to get it to fit properly!
DSC_5198_zpseca715de.jpg

DSC_5200_zps97be533c.jpg

and here he is with the first grenadier i completed
DSC_5202_zpsfe7c4299.jpg

thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back