Frustration.....

mr lucky

OK - time for a quick vent....I bought a MiniArt kit, Norman Street, knowing it would be a challenge, but this is nuts!

I spent hours sanding off all the dumb plastic zits, many turning into holes, only to find I can't get anything to hold or line-up. I liked the kit because I really wanted a generic street scene as a background for my builds, and it gave me the opportunity to add lots of little details. And I really didn't want a damaged building, which this wasn't. So I guess it's back to the internet and continue the search. I'm now thinking some of the Verlinden kits will fit the bill. There are a few that have the generic European feel without war damage, I just need to figure which base to get with the new kit. I figure some day I may revisit the MiniArt kit, so I really want to keep that intact.

OK - that's all the venting for now, time to box this up and make a home for it in the basement.

Erik

Hey there Erik,

I can understand your frustration with them, but they do build into some very nice structures.

Some tips.........

The old Testors Tube glue is your friend on these. Most of us have probably thrown more away than we have used (gets stringy after awhile), but is really the best cement for these buildings.

Also, the scrap that is cut off from the parts...you can cut it down to size and glue it in place where 2 building halves meet (your inner and out wall half) using the pieces as a support piece, and makes it easier to line up each half.

Latest posts

Back